Fly Tying
Wulff

Chinooks

Fall in Ontario means rain, grey skies and migrations. Sunday was no exception, the rain and grey skies killed any thoughts of trying to shoot Hawks. It did though bring a fresh run of Chinooks. So there I was in the drizzle trying to keep my camera dry and shoot some Chinnies. I setup on a tripod right at the waters edge and put the whole rig under a golf umbrella. Oddly enough the biggest threat o my camera was some of the bigger chinnies splashing down only a couple feet away.

ISO 1600 and flash we're needed for all of these.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wow! I can't even get my stills to come out that good. Excellent job!!

I only have one word for you... MORE and quickly if you would please I have never see that in real life and it looks so cool I just have to see more of it.

Steve

Very nice Wulff ..My friend cought one of those yesterday while we were fishing here..

IPB Image

I like to see them jumping, but I also like to see them this way . . . .

post-9786-1191894273_thumb.jpg

Great photos showing some awesome power. The second from last showing the fish horizontal should be on the cover of a magazine.

Fantastic salmon action shot, and it looks like a heavy beast, with lots of power. Great photos!!!

Looks like some sweet water Mokai, and the scenery looks wonderful. I hear the salmon runs in the NW are strong this month, lots of chrome.