Fly Tying
northern_outdoorsman

Breatheable Wader Question...

Simms. Montana made, and with a boatload of pride. Prove it to yourself, N.O., try e'm on. The fit is perfect and so is the workmanship and materials.

You DID say money was no object devil.gif

I bought the Orvis Pro Guide 2 ($289) and have been very happy. They have a very durable 5 layer seat and knees, hand warmer etc. They have everything the Simms G3 has except the $425 price tag and a better warranty. Save the difference and buy a good pair of wading boots.

Orvis Warranty:

If your waders fail due to a manufacturing or materials defect, Orvis will repair or replace them at our discretion, free of charge. This guarantee does not cover abuse, improper care, accidents, or the normal breakdown of materials over time. All defective or damaged waders should be returned to Orvis for evaluation, or call Orvis direct at 800-548-9548. Waders not covered by the guarantee, but repairable, can be repaired for a $30 fee.

Simms Warranty

At Simms, we stand behind everything we make. If your Simms product fails due to workmanship or material defect during the life of the product, please return it to us for repair or replacement. This warranty does not cover damages caused by improper care, accidents or the natural breakdown of materials over extended use and time. All defective or damaged products should be returned to Simms for evaluation and will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Simms Fishing Products.

What does this mean for waders?

Workmanship & Materials are Guaranteed for the Life of the Product. If a Simms wader fails due to workmanship or material defect during the life of the product, please return it to us for repair or replacement. All defective or damaged waders should be returned to Simms for evaluation and will be repaired, replaced or returned at the sole discretion of Simms Fishing Products. This warranty does not cover damages caused by improper care, accidents or the natural breakdown of materials over extended use and time.

30 Day “Across the Counter” Wader Exchange.

If, within 30 days of the purchase date, you are unhappy with a Simms wader, bring it back to the dealer you bought it from. Present your sales receipt, and we will replace it, no questions asked.

The First Repair Is On Us.

At Simms, we stand behind everything we make. But, from time to time, we all take a tumble in the pursuit of fish. If you accidentally damage your Simms wader during the first year that you own it, the first repair is on us. Simply ship us the wader, along with a copy of your receipt, and we will repair it and ship it back to you.

Further, we will only charge you our actual cost for any additional repairs that you may need during the life of your wader. Our Repair Department is not a profit center. Simply bring the wader to your dealer or contact Simms’ Customer Service for a Return Authorization. Then, ship the wader to us with a note describing the problem and someone from our Customer Service Team will promptly contact you with a repair estimate. Once we receive your approval we will repair your waders and ship them back to you.

I don't know...Simms Warranty looks better to me...And I really like the G3 Guide Jacket

Decisions...Decisions dunno.gif

Don,

I have been told that cabelas is the ticket. I was told to get the 100 dollar breathables(don't know what kind) but cabela's will repair it no matter what. He said this would be his 3rd time taking them in. They get a hole in there every year so he just takes them back and gets a new pair. I can't remember on my life who told me all this though.

Orvis changed their wader policy? Used to be 100% fix = 1year and so on.

I go through waders quicker than you go through women... bugeyes.gif biggrin.gif

I have heard great things about Simms but only have Orvis experiences. Was great with the old policy but I have sprung leaks. Probably my clumsy self walking through the woods though.....

If I sprung a leak in a $465 pair of waders, I'd flip.

Yeah, they must of changed it then. It used to be a done deal as far as selling me their waders. I will look into Simms next pair

I researched waders quite abit last year. I too was torn between Orvis, Simms, and even Pantigona. I talked to several very respectable fly shop owners (Gates, Franks, Troutsman) who carry all the brands metioned above and they said the Simms Gortex is the only way to go! The Gortex material breathes like no other!! I ended up purchasing the Simms Gor Tex Light weights and I am very pleased. They are alot more comfortable than my old Cabela's Premiums. There is more leg room for extra layers of clothes. If you do go with the Simms or any high end wader. Dont order them online go to a fly shop and try them on! The higher end waders typically come in several different sizes. I thought I was a medium but after trying them on I was actually a medium king, (because of my massive chest musclue biggrin.gif j_k.gif ) The medium kings had more leg room to for extra layers of clothes during the colder weather.

Stel

Do you really want to go back and replace your waders every year? If so dont forget your sales receit. I too heard good things about Cabela's wader policy but after trying to use it myself without a reciet they wouldnt replace them but they would prorate them for $15 on a new pair of there waders. I said no thanks! Went to a local fly shop and bought my Simms there! For the amount of time you spend on the water you may have to replace those $100 waders a couple times a year! Remember you get what you pay for!

Just my 2 cents