Fly Tying
JayMorr

Recent Trip To The Provo

I got out and took some photos today of some friends on our annual "UOTF Freeze Your Ass Off Trip". I hope you enjoy the photos. I took a couple of slower shots of moving water. I still need some practice.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Anyways there a bunch more...sorry if the links are a bit much. You can view the album here:

JayMorr Photos - Freeze Your Ass off 2008

Hope you like them.

~JayMorr

Nice work Jay..I really enjoy your photos and your post processing is top notch..

Wow, looks like a fantastic trip, and you sure put together a great series of photographs. They look so creative and fascinating. I have a feeling you had almost as much fun at your computer as you did behind the lens. Very, very nice!!! I like them all but number 5 is my favorite.

Graham

Uh...you suck! ;) I love the Provo River! My grandparents live(d) in Provo and I visited every 2 years as a kid. Now, I'm dying to get back out there, but I'd be the one having to pay for 2 adults and 4 kids to go. I've only caught a few fish in the Provo, only because I've only tried a few times. I started at Utah lake one year and part way up the river I caught a white bass, lost my first carp, and then lost what I believe would have been a trout. It was a nice trip!

Great photos!!!

Thanks for all your comments. It is really appreciated. I have learned so much from all of you. You have given me the excitement to photograph and once I started I havn't stopped ;) I find myself leaving the rod in the car at times or leaning it up against a tree to photograph others or the surrounding scenery.

Photography is addicting and has become an equal passion to my flyfishing. I just want to thank you guys for helping me learn!

Troutgeek, and Oatka the upper Provo holds some of my favorite fishing spots. I enjoy fishing the upper in the summer time. The trout and grayling are beautiful. If any of you guys are ever in my neck of the woods, I would be happy to accompany you out on the water and show you some favorite stretches and spots I enjoy fishing!

Thanks Will! It was a cold day for sure, absolutely beautiful!

~JayMorr

Wow I like these shots Jay. I really like the one with the reel in the snow. Then of course the one with the silkie smooth water flowing (long exposure) and the 5th one is good also.

Jim

Those are Great Jay!

I hope we can get out and fish Big Cottonwood together this sumer.

I'll bring along my Holga toy cameras!

Brian

I am looking forward to it Brian! I cant wait to see your setup!

BTW if you guys haven't checked out Brian's work as a photographer, be sure to click on his signature link. He has some amazing shots using some very interesting Cameras.

Great stuff Brian. I hope to fish with you soon!

JayMorr

I am looking forward to it Brian! I cant wait to see your setup!

BTW if you guys haven't checked out Brian's work as a photographer, be sure to click on his signature link. He has some amazing shots using some very interesting Cameras.

Great stuff Brian. I hope to fish with you soon!

JayMorr

Jeeeeez Jay!

I am merely a photographer by avocation, I am presently on active duty with the Army.

You're a good photographer too., make sure and check his site out too, the URL is in his signature as well.

I have pointed my Holgas and other cameras at many things, I am looking to doing the same with fly fishing. I have a few photographs in my head that are anxiously waiting to be exposed!

Brian

:thumbsup: and :cheers:

I am very impressed with the composition of each shot as they tell a story. The post processing is also excellent. Could you share a bit about how you adjusted the first few? Excellent work!

Alan