Fly Tying

I just received my fly set and I have have been lucky enough to get Flyfish13 box. They are wonderfully tied and were packed well. I couldn't be any happier, I have recently moved to an area where warmwater flyfishing is a possibility but I never really tied anything for Bass. Flyfish included some cool poppers that I can use for models.

Nicely done and thanks to the swapmeister!

I won't be home for a couple of days so I'll have to use my imagination.... kind of like Christmas.

Received my flies today. The tin is labeled Saltydog. These are some of the coolest flies I've seen. I can't wait to try the green foam (Hoppers?) Like I said "Gonna need another Fly Box" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

post-19761-1241132070_thumb.jpg

post-19761-1241132092_thumb.jpg

Awesome job with the tying.

I have received my flies today :yahoo: They are really neat. The box is really nice too. The flies weren't tagged but the box had intials JB so I have received Riffleriversteel.... Thanks I can't wait to try them. The woven bodies are really neat and one I have already picked out and showed my hubby and said that will catch trout at the tailwaters we fish and he agreed. The big deer hair frog pattern is really nice to we are thinking largemouth or the gar we fish for. Thanks again. :thumbup:

I just received my fly set and I have have been lucky enough to get Flyfish13 box. They are wonderfully tied and were packed well. I couldn't be any happier, I have recently moved to an area where warmwater flyfishing is a possibility but I never really tied anything for Bass. Flyfish included some cool poppers that I can use for models.

Thanks for the comments. I am glad you like them. Those poppers are fun to fish for the largemouth and the smallmouth both and I have even taken bluegill and redeye on the poppers in some of our little creeks. Lots of fun. Good Luck. If you have any questions about how the poppers are tied feel free to pm.

Thanks for the kind words. Those green things are frogs.

I didn't want to say it and be wrong, I thought they were frogs. I'll be fishing one at luch tomorrow.

Got mine today! :headbang: :headbang: An awesome set of flies in a nice fly box from camo clad warrior. Thanks for the flies. And Paul, thanks for the swap.

BFR

glad they are making it to everyone I am glad you like the box and the flies ff13 the initials are pb though sorry I forgot the toe tag DOH :wallbash: that woven body soft hackle that there is three of is my favorite pattern for big brookies and bows in the tail water around my area it really draws the hard hits

Thank you all for joining this swap and I look forward to swapping with you all again soon

Thanks for hosting. My flies and the box were great. Hope saltydog enjoys and catches fish on his new flies and everyone else enjoys the ones they got.

got my flies today...awesome set of flies from tie2fly.

I am new to panfishing so can you pm me the list of flies in this awesome group that are your go tos for warmwater?

made it home over the weekend and got mine. Not sure whose they are, they came in a football shaped tin and look great. Thanks for hosting!

Thanks for the kind words. Those green things are frogs.

I didn't want to say it and be wrong, I thought they were frogs. I'll be fishing one at luch tomorrow.

Didn't catch anything on the frog yet. :( It started pouring about a minute after the fly hit the water. If the weather is decent I may try again at lunch tomorrow.

The state just cleaned up a very Natoriously Famous Lake by my place of employment. Apparently some Martians decided to land there in the forties. :bugeyes: Some Radio Jock by the name of Orsen Wells reported on it, kinda caused a mass panic or something.... The Lake - Grovers Mill Pond - The Broad Cast "War of the Worlds. :bugeyes:

The Pond was recently dredged. NJDEP had the Army Core of Engineers install some Artificial Fish Habitats and Turtle Sunning Boards. Then the State stocked the pond with Bass, Catfish, Perch and Blue Gills, reviving what was a dying ecosystem. They did a great job and you know that it was done right when you can see a very rare animal hunting the shoreline. :headbang:

A Fisher had moved in to the area. Unfortunately he lost his game of frogger :crying: :crying:

Have you had a chance to try out any of your new flies. Just wondering how they were working out for you. A couple more of my poppers are listed in the database under warmwater if you would like to use them for models as well. Also feel free to pm me if you would like if you have any questions. Have fun and hope you catch fish on the fly set.

Flyfisher13