Fly Tying
smalltownfisherman

What do you use to organize your fly tying materials?

Currently I am using storage boxes, but they aren't working that well for me. <_<

So I need some storage options...

If you have an organizing bench or box or whatever that works for you, please post a picture of it. :)

Thanks, smalltownfisherman :D

I went upstairs to see exactly how I store them and have come to the realisation that I need another room. :coffee:

Well, I keep the materials I use the most in this Four-drawer Sterilite container.

The other materials occupy five other rubbermade boxes like the one in the second picture.

Hope this helps

Jan

post-17709-1238172351_thumb.jpg

post-17709-1238172372_thumb.jpg

Currently I am using storage boxes, but they aren't working that well for me. <_<

So I need some storage options...

If you have an organizing bench or box or whatever that works for you, please post a picture of it. :)

Thanks, smalltownfisherman :D

Hi!!

I bought this unit at Ikea, in Canada,,,!!! Works very well!!! The Size is ideal!

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20136601

Good day!

Guest Tony P
This is how mine are stored...

Man I wish my room was that clean! :bugeyes:

Tony P

Here is some of the stuff I use. I got everything at my local Walmart. It was cheap and does the job nicely. I have always wanted the "nice and expensive" stuff but will never be able to afford it. Besides, these do work although I will never let my wife know that! here they are:

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3257.jpg

I made a tool bench that holds my thread, vise and tools out of scrap wood I had lying around. For my materials I purchased a large bait fishing tackle box with a number of removable storage containers within it from Bass Pro and now I have something very portable that holds nearly all, or at least more than I can use at one time, of my tying materials. I take my young family quite often in a hard sided travel trailer and now packing my tying gear is just two steps.

C

I use a really big tackle box, where the trays fold up and out I have all my spools and tools there with the small stuff and the materials are in the bottom. It is great cause if I go on a fishing trip I throw the vice in and take the whole set up just in case I need to whip something up

I use the clear plastic office file folders with the plastic zippers at the top from Walmart in their office supply section. They cost a few dollars and you can get them in legal size for larger capes and such and letter size for the smaller things. Then you mark them on the end as to what is in them using a black or blue marker and put them on the desk side by each just like a file folder system you might use in an office. Works great and cheap. Hatman

Organized? Right know it's all kind of in a little pile :whistle: although I do have all me deer hair and bucktails in a container

I'm with the majority here, I use the Sterlite or Rubbermaid plastic drawers, and a couple rubbermaid tote boxes to contain most of my materials. Also a few shelves on top of my workbench that have smaller boxes of hooks, beads, eyes, dumbells, coneheads, flyreels, threads, floss... holy crap! I've reached the point where there is no way I can put all my stuff in one pile. Don't tell my wife.

My wife and I have a hobby & craft room and she has one half for her jewelry making and scrapbooking and I have the other for my fly tying. We remodeled the room in December and this is the result for my Fly tying area. It works very well and I can actually find things when I need them.

post-7989-1238204230_thumb.jpg