Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoes

The Eastern Swap

You are a brave one yellow bomber. :yahoo: :hyst: Glad you said that and not me.

I hope to make it there this summer for some fishing.

Some day we will go to the rock. Got the info this morning about the rock. Fishing fishing every page it seems. What a piece of heaven it looks like. One of the 2 places in Canada I have not been. Hoping to remedy that.

Until then it will be Cape Breton in my sites this summer. I will give a shout out if I get to go and I will ask for the best flies and streams. Till then I'm banking it.

Have you tried your luck on the "Mighty Miramichi" yet? We've scouted that place for years now and have more than a couple honey holes where you can almost walk on the Salmon that hold there, lots of hiking and river crossings, but wow is it ever worth it!

In the process of getting my Guides License, so if you get up this way and need one, give a shout!

Have you tried your luck on the "Mighty Miramichi" yet? We've scouted that place for years now and have more than a couple honey holes where you can almost walk on the Salmon that hold there, lots of hiking and river crossings, but wow is it ever worth it!

In the process of getting my Guides License, so if you get up this way and need one, give a shout!

I've been dying to get that way for years now; what's the fishing like in July? I have time off the first week and the last week.

I've been dying to get that way for years now; what's the fishing like in July? I have time off the first week and the last week.

I've always found that July is the prime summer month, depending on what June is like and water levels, the first week of July usually has really hot fishing. Here's a link to last years reports http://www.flyfishingatlanticsalmon.com/reports.html , it gives a good idea (though I believe somewhat biased) on good fishing periods and what the boys were using.

We had our MGB blown 25 feet up the causeway that summer too. After we landed we just put the wipers on and dodged the boulders dumping on us from the waves. We were the last car that day to cross. Come to think of it..... are you sure you would have what it takes to go to Cape Breton? :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Pardon my ignorance, I'll have to research this Cape Breton place. Sounds like my kind of place. :crazy:

Hard working people. Used to be coal mining and steel works. Use to be. Work hard , play hard, and yes fish hard. I've never made a complaint about it. Painted mountains in the fall, Celtic fiddles, toe tapping and cool beer in a friends kitchen. The Cabot Trail is a vista to the eyes. Should research it. No pretenses there. B) :yahoo:

I appreciate the inclusion. However Parsboro gave me a lot of great memories. I still display some of the specimens I collected. And some are in the collection at the Smithsonian in DC. But the reason I liked to go back was the people I met. I got lobster delivered to my campsite. I had a woman who ran a restaurant, let me bring in the bugs, cook them, let me mess with her menu, serve my wife and myself on our anniversary, and let us figure out the bill because she wanted to go to bed!!! I really liked to go up there. There were some intense times though. On one collection trip, my wife drove our 2 wheel drive Toyota down onto the flats at Wasson's Bluff when she got cold. She was there one minute and then she was gone....the next thing I knew, the car was on the beach and we had a very limited time to get things done and leave if we could. I should mention that my wife is the first woman in the NOAA Corp, She spent a lot of time on beaches driving 4x vehicles. For a lot of reasons I really like the people I met up there.

Frank aka Strudent4evr

There were some intense times though. On one collection trip, my wife drove our 2 wheel drive Toyota down onto the flats at Wasson's Bluff when she got cold. She was there one minute and then she was gone....the next thing I knew, the car was on the beach and we had a very limited time to get things done and leave if we could.

Frank aka Strudent4evr

Frank

I dont understand. Was she in danger from a flash flood or something?

I've actually had a strong desire to move northward for some time now. Possibly even jump the border. The wife is a real hard sell though on cold weather. She doesn't do cold well. :wallbash: <_<

I sort of want to fall off the grid and truly become a trout bum. Maybe I'll drop the 20 yr commercial lending thing and do what I really want to do: Fish and Cook. I showed the wife a perfect convertible barn near Hancock, NY where she could paint and have a studio, and I could run a catering/fly/accounting/handyman/kayakguide/stud shop, etc..etc. etc... Ok maybe not the stud shop. :rolleyes: I really just want to have my own reality show with all those wild women fighting for me. B) My wife indulges me my pipedreams.

I sort of want to fall off the grid and truly become a trout bum. Maybe I'll drop the 20 yr commercial lending thing and do what I really want to do: Fish and Cook. I showed the wife a perfect convertible barn near Hancock, NY where she could paint and have a studio, and I could run a catering/fly/accounting/handyman/kayakguide/stud shop, etc..etc. etc... Ok maybe not the stud shop. :rolleyes: I really just want to have my own reality show with all those wild women fighting for me. B) My wife indulges me my pipedreams.

Amen to that!! :cheers:

with all these Habitans in the swap I thought we may had to change the swap name to the "Eh Swap" :j_k:

Toss in a "y'all" and it would cover both sides of the border! hehe

No y'all fellas in the swap here yet. Looks like Im the furthest south, just south of Philadelphia. I just talk real fast. :coffee: :jumpy:

That's what we need though, some Southern Boys. :gunsmilie: They always liven up a swap and spin some sweet bugs

Only if they spin the bugs using black and gold deer hair, no orange allowed

In deference to TroutBum2 and his penguins, I will tie up a black and gold fly today when I get back from the stream. I will try to post it later this week.

Wish I had some penguin feathers to tie it with :lol: , I guess I'll have to use this crow Ive been eating. :crying: Congrats to you and your boys anyway. Great comeback in game 6