Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoes

The Eastern Swap

Hey rich5665 your ants crawled in my front door today. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Looking real gooooood!!!!!! :headbang:

Thanks for being so prompt. You actually confused me. :hyst: ( that wouldn't be too hard now a days).

I wanted to get them out ASAP. May was looking to be a busy Month with all the swaps I'm in. When I checked all the swaps I was in, I found out I'm actually ahead of the game, I only have three swaps left to tie for, one of which will be done tonight. I'm waiting on flies for the Swap I'm hosting, I'm finding out that kids work on their own schedule when it comes to tying. :lol:

Rainbows are plentiful this spring if you can get out there in between the rain drops.. Just checking to see if everyone is doing OK by the swap. :yahoo: Does everyone know what they are doing or are you making it up as you go along. :hyst: :hyst:

Rainbows are plentiful this spring if you can get out there in between the rain drops.. Just checking to see if everyone is doing OK by the swap. :yahoo: Does everyone know what they are doing or are you making it up as you go along. :hyst: :hyst:

Are you serious? Know what I'm doing???!!!??? THAT would be dangerous. I knew I wanted to do a buzzer based on Davie Mcphail's stuff, but it took me till today to find exactly what that was gonna be...fear not, I'm purdy sho I knows whats gettin dun!! :hyst:

They keep stocking Bows in the Canal by my place of employment, but the only thing biting are small mouth. Very strange. Of course all the rain has washed up a variable smorgousborg of larvea and worms. I have a feeling there are going to be some fat trout this summer just waiting to be caught.

Two more to go, I'll need your addy before the end of the week! :headbang:

I changed mine last night, was not happy with the smelts at all and the field test was so so. I am now tying a male brook trout pattern. Several variations of the pattern have been tied and fished the last few weekends and the one I am doing has taken a fish on the first cast the last two weeks in a row. Should be done tying in the next day or so.

mouse6196, yellow bomber, atroutbum2 Addies sent, let me know when they take flight. I like to post it. Easier for everyone to keep track. B) :yahoo:

Need an address Horseshoes, hope these Buck Buzzers are up to expectations....

lykos33 I have no expectations and I know you buzzers are going to be great. I mean...look what province you are living in. Shows you know how to do things right. :hyst: Addy going in PM

I tried to find out the name of the fly (think it was a fly) I tried to imitate that I saw by the river bank but , couldn't. But it is ugly and I have come out with a few variations trying to get it to look like it. :yahoo: Had a problem trying to remember the wings :wallbash: so you may have a slight variation on the wing then the one your fellow swapper has. Fish like it. It is so ugly!!! :hyst: