Fly Tying
Flyfisher13

Let's mix it up swap

Swap is closed!!! Deadline June 9th

:thumbup: Ready? Let's get this swap started! :yahoo:

I have completed the requirements to host now :)

I have taken suggestion from those whom said they would be interested and have decided to be able to let the ones with suggestions tye their suggestions and the creativity be unlimited....we are going to let this be a mixed up swap.

Tiers will tie 13 flies of the same kind of their choice cold or warm water fly in any size you choose.

If interested please sign in as "I'm in and ready to go."

Beginners Welcomed

Deadline will be June 9th to have the flies to me. Don't forget your SASE.

14 tiers allowed. (hope this allows all that has showed interest in this post in)

1. ColonelMel - ColonelMel's Blue Tail Fly RECEIVED Good looking flies :D

2. BassBugn - spin off of a Dave Whitlock's nymph RECEIVED Great flies :D

3. DaveMan - Thunder Creek style bucktail sz 4 RECEIVED :yahoo:

4. jared sartini - TBD RECEIVED Looks great! :D

5. rich5665 - tying a Griffith's Gnat sz 18 RECEIVED Great flies! :D

6. fishingbobnelson - tying a caddis pattern RECEIVED Great flies :D

7. smalltownfisher... - Flashy Green Gill Nymph RECEIVED Really good looking flies! :D

8. spike188 - tying a fluttering caddis RECEIVED :yahoo:

9. ibrb - Charlie Boy Hoppers sz 10 Received Great Hoppers! :D

10. Floyd - foam stone fly Received Great looking Stones! :thumbup:

11. agn54 - Marabou Miss sz 6 Received Great flies! :headbang:

12. Min - ???stillwater pattern sz 10 ??? RECEIVED Great flies!

13. wernstriumph - Orange & Partridge Soft Hackle sz 12 RECEIVED Looks great! :D

14. Flyfisher13- Swap Meister ???streamer pattern??? Tied and ready to be boxed B)

Thanks everyone lets have fun with this and let me know what you will be tying.

I'm in and ready to go. Not sure of pattern at this time. Will make choice and notify in the next day or two.

I read the rules. It says crushproof box like an Altoids can. Any suggestions for flies larger than that box could handle?

I guess I would need your address too.

Steve

I'm in and ready to go. Not sure of pattern at this time. Will make choice and notify in the next day or two.

I read the rules. It says crushproof box like an Altoids can. Any suggestions for flies larger than that box could handle?

I guess I would need your address too.

Steve

Thanks Steve you are in. When you get your flies tied send me a message or post a reply and I will send you my address. As for crushproof box that is a little bigger, I get the cheap boxes at Wal-mart that are around $2.50 or I have also used fruit containers like the blueberries and blackberries come in and put them in a bubble envelope. Also I have seen somewhere on the site about someone using plastic soap boxes. You will get whatever box you send yours in back so make sure your name is on it somewhere. Hope that helps.

Flyfisher13

I'm in and ready to go. I am digging through the stash tonight to see what I can tie. I will probably go with something that produces well in my area. Thinking of a streamer or baitfish, but might end up doing a dry fly. Whatever I choose, It is going to be fun.

Dave

(The big hurdle is finding out what size hook I have enough left of! I seem to have aobut a dozen of every style!)

I'm in and ready to go. I am digging through the stash tonight to see what I can tie. I will probably go with something that produces well in my area. Thinking of a streamer or baitfish, but might end up doing a dry fly. Whatever I choose, It is going to be fun.

Dave

(The big hurdle is finding out what size hook I have enough left of! I seem to have aobut a dozen of every style!)

Great welcome aboard. Sorry the swap is a little bigger than I had originally thought but there were at least 13 that had replied back that might be interested and I wanted everyone to have a chance. I know what you mean about hooks. I had that problem this evening when I was tying for another swap. I think I am going to have to make a hook run or get some ordered in a hurry.

i'm in and ready to go. i'm not sure either about the pattern, but i'll figure it out somewhat soon.

Great welcome aboard. This is going to be fun!

Welcome aboard rich5665 and fishingbobnelson. We are coming right along. Think this is going to be lots of fun with some wonderful talent.

If haven't made a decision on what you're tying, one thing you might keep in mind is that if your fly requires a larger box, then everyone is going to

need a larger box. An altoids tin can be put in a standard envelope and be mailed for first class postage. A larger box usually costs me about $2.50 each way, so you're now asking everyone to pay about $5.00 round trip rather than $.90 just for postage.

Unfortunately, I don't have time at the moment to participate in this swap, so I don't have a horse in race as to postage cost. I've never had any problem with paying the higher rate for a swap, but you at least need to make all the participants aware that the Altoids tin isn't going to cut it. I'm not saying don't tie a larger fly, but if you're on the fence between a large and small one, this might be the tie breaker.