Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Catalpa_Joe

Jackpot!

Got lucky last nite & found some gills.

post-3585-1242906617_thumb.jpg

About 70 real nice ones. Some were 9", most 7"-8".

post-3585-1242906716_thumb.jpg

Too many for the cleaning bench so I put them in the sink.

post-3585-1242906774_thumb.jpg

Up untill 11:30 to get them all cleaned.

:headbang:

Nice basket load! Should get several good fry's out of that!

This just in , FOX news is reporting the sudden and unexpected extinction of Bluegill in the state of Indiana..... Joe, the fish and game boys will be watching you!!!

Nice haul....some really nice colors on those gills! Slather one in Tabasco for me!

Not to worry BD Hub, no limit. It was one of those very rare times. Right day, right place, right time. Gonna give some to a guy at work & some to my Dad. Went out tonite again & only got 30. Lots of room in the freezer though.

Great catch, must have been loads of fun, what was the fly of choice if you don't mind me asking

I know a few Boy Scouts working on a fishing Merit Badge, that cook those up for ya. I haven't seen that many fish since my son and I had a run on catfish in the local pond.

Nice eating size! Are there not any predators in the lake (besides you)?

The flies I used were a black yarn nymph with the hackle about worn off from last year & a Catalpa worm fly I tie. This time of year they'll bite on just about anything. The lake has a lot of bass & we stocked Walleye several years ago too. Not much fishing pressure though. Both nites I was the only one on the lake, no public launch. Just the way I like it!

very nice.....I'll be expecting the driving directions thru PM....I'll be coming North thru Louisville... :lol:

Here you go Hub. North of Ft Wayne 26 miles to the "t" in the road, east 1/2mile, turn north just past the fire station, go 1 mile & right at the "s" curve, 2nd house on the right. Bring lots of bourbon. I'll leave the light on.

Ancient Age , Jim Beam, Knob Creek, or Wild Turkey?...I live about 20 minutes from each and fish the stream behing their distilleries..the fishing is great if you can get past the fermintation exhaust...in those stretches of creek, the fish swim a little on their sides and kinda just limp along, but they seem really "happy" :drunk: