Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Steelhead Pattern Swap

You can just send me one of each and I'll be glad to decide for you! :hyst:
:P :D

I'll do up the Skykomish Sunrise. Need some of those in the box.

I'm partial to Mossbacks though. Don't know how popular they are in other parts of the Country but they're the kind in Northern California.

So it's the Sunrise for sure or maybe the Mossback? :unsure:

Good to see some California tyers in this swap :headbang: With the abundance of water still flowing down from the Sierra Nevada this Fall/Winter could be an excellent year for steel head fishing, especially if we get some early rain. :headbang:

Thom

fishinbobnelson and swappers - I got blind sided at work, one of my colleagues was hospitalized last week and has been put on sick leave for at least the upcoming semester. I am having to take over the rest of his course work from the summer and 1 of his fall courses. This is a huge amount of work, and there is no way I even get to my tying bench until Christmas. I am really sorry to bail on this, II love tying big intruders (and fishing them) and am not going to do much of either this year. Sorry big time.

If you would like for someone to take over Professori's place i will jump aboard if needed..I am kicking myself for not checking more often for Steelhead swaps!!

fishingbobnelson- Well... my poor representations of the dark spruce fly are finished. Need a address so I can get them in the mail. They may not be pretty but I think the fish will like them.

Well a lot of news here. Sorry to see Professori leave. Welcome Will, glad to have you. Let me know what you will be tying. Horseshoes, sent PM with address, looking forward to seeing those Spruce Flies. B)

fishingbobnelson Put your addy in the book this time. Yes the spruces are a bunch of unlikely characters. Packing up today and should be in the mail tommorrow. I'll post it. PM being sent now.

Im doing a fly inspired by the purple heron spey fly in the hatches fly patterns, but ive subed a few materials to match what i have on hand

the first change is im using purple ginnie for the collar hackle

and im using a coachman brown feather insted of a white in the wing

im using a tiemco #4 200r hook

Im sure there is a name already out there, but i don know what it is

I want to call it the purple haze spey