Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Steelhead Pattern Swap

The flies are in the mail, priority. Coupla extra for the host.

It's been a long time since I tied with fox squirrel tail hair and have forgotten how difficult it is for me to work with. Bottom line is; these aren't as nice as I'd like. I'll practice with it and the next batch will be much improved. At least there will be no worries when you hang these on a snag. :dunno:

The flies are in the mail, priority. Coupla extra for the host.

It's been a long time since I tied with fox squirrel tail hair and have forgotten how difficult it is for me to work with. Bottom line is; these aren't as nice as I'd like. I'll practice with it and the next batch will be much improved. At least there will be no worries when you hang these on a snag. :dunno:

I'm sure they will be fine. We are the most critical of our own stuff. Thanks for being in the swap :thumbsup:

:D Two great sets of flies in my mail box today. Salmonid's Purple Perils arrived from Texas and fly_fishas Red Ants made it across the Pacific to California.

Thanks for the extras :yahoo:

Waiting on 4 sets due next Friday.

Three beautiful sets of flies dropped on my porch today by my mailman. Thanks to Old Hat, Troutbum2 and Utyer, and thanks for the extras. My trip to Oregon is going to be well stocked :yahoo: I should get Cencalfly's entries tomorrow, so flies should be back in the mail by the end of the week.

raining out.. i'm not going anywhere. Tommorrow I get my new bobbin. So... I won't notice the length of time it takes for them to fly from your porch to my veranda. Thanks fishybob. :hyst:

Naturally the postal service managed to get flies from Pennsylvania and Eastern Oregon here in two days, flies from Central California however did not arrive today. :wallbash:

I bought a vise from a guy in The Dalles, which is a couple hundred miles west of where I live in Lewiston. The postal service sent the vise from The Dalles to Portland, then to Spokane, and finally to Lewiston. Remarkably, it was undamaged when it arrived here.

Apparently the Postal Service (and I use the term loosly) is sending Cencalfly's package via Spokane as well. Hopefully it is in todays mail. I could have driven down there and picked them up faster than this. :angry: