Fly Tying
jhammer

Who's fishing this weekend?

So, any of you guys venturing out this holiday weekend for some fly fishing? If so, where ya going? I plan on hitting up a few ponds and lakes around the area. I would have fished the rivers, but we're flooded pretty bad here in NW Ohio. The water is over the whole road in some of my spots! I'm looking forward to being able to get out a little while though. :D

I got out this morning for about two hours and fished a local stream. The river finally came down to a nice fishing level and did good. Some on dry and others on a Czech nymph pattern I tyed up for the Czech swap. Wish I could of stayed longer, but with all the construction i have going on. That two hour widow is all I have most days. After the construction, I should be hitting The Beaver Kill and a few other streams near Roscoe NY. B)

spent 4 hours yesterday floating for smallies with no luck on them...they were generating power so the water was up...but 2 nice larges and dozens of bluegills...

boats and flyrods are still in the truck awaiting a repacked cooler.

Darrin

My wife and I are taking my son and his cousin to my favorite small creek, Big Grizzly Creek, which under special regulations opens today. :( It's only about four feet wide in the biggest areas but is not fished much and sight fishing produces giant browns and rainbows by being sneaky :ph34r: I always catch fish here though, if I get a chance I'll take some pics to post.

I fished a stocker creek yesterday, kept a few doughbellies for the grill, they will be served with crawdads tomorrow. Probably going to the pond for Bass and Bluegill later this evening.

I went out a couple times to the ponds so far. I've only been catching a few fish here and there. The action has really slowed down since the bad weather put the fish in a negative mood. Come to think of it, it's put everyone around here in a negative mood. lol!