Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

TheFish Who Came To Dinner

That's cool! Nice size for the table. I've never caught a pompano either spinning or on fly. Did you see the fish first and sight cast to it?

Kirk

pomp it up! Just read a kool article about these in 'fly fishing in salt waters'. Have never caught one of these, but only something similar 'snub nosed dart' infact i think they could be the same? Like the cooler shot!

That's cool! Nice size for the table. I've never caught a pompano either spinning or on fly. Did you see the fish first and sight cast to it?

Kirk

Kirk, they were sight cast while fishing for trout... This one was in a group of three cruising 30' out at 12 oclock, a quick cast to 10 oclock and a strip or two and this one came in like a rocket. 6wt BVK with an Allen 5/7 trout reel were pushed to the limit, they perform better than I do time and again.

The fly take about 5 minutes to tie and has been a real winner this year, caught my first jack cravalle on the exact same combo a couple of weeks ago...still haven't quit grinning.

Tight lines...dave

From what pomps I have seen caught from the beach this one looks to be a large one. I have never caught one myself, living in the midwest. If I could only convince my wife to move down there.

BTW I my favorite is Amberbock. Would I like Shiner Bock?

From what pomps I have seen caught from the beach this one looks to be a large one. I have never caught one myself, living in the midwest. If I could only convince my wife to move down there.

BTW I my favorite is Amberbock. Would I like Shiner Bock?

Shiner is a lighter beer than than amberback, to me it has a nice crisp taste without being to sharp. I has become one of my top five.

NJ, it was awesome! Grilled with olive oil and Old Bay, had mango-habinaro salsa and a oinion, cilantro jalapino chopped mix as well.

DSCF0082.jpg