Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Got a few today, I haven't been out almost all summer.

I would like to thank Rich Mc for that

wormy pink material, I caught 3 bass with that stuff today, the reel eater was the biggest one, seen one much bigger!

but it wasn't interested in my offerings ....yet.

smile.png

caught the big gill on a little parachute.

EDIT....

I STAND CORRECTED AGAIN, RED EAR SUNFISH.

I don't know why, but for some reason up here in the Midwest, specifically around the Chicago area,

either out of ignorance or laziness, its very common to refer to RED EAR SUNFISH as bluegills.

I have known the difference for over 40 years and i still repeat the same error.

My apologies for the misinformation and i hope i didn't confuse any of our members.

is that better Mike?

(you know i am just messing with ya man)

:)

also like to thank steeldrifter again for the rod that allows me to reach out to their playground.

smile.png)

tight lines all!

post-61737-0-72354500-1538166494_thumb.jpg

post-61737-0-48539100-1538166510_thumb.jpg

post-61737-0-34860700-1538166526_thumb.jpg

Those aren't Bluegills, they're Red Eared Sunfish. Nice specimens, too. Good bass. They all look like fun !!!

That's a stud redfish on fly flatsroamer! Nice job.

Good catches xterrabill, both the shellcrackers and the bass. : v )

thnks mike and caloosa,

they both had good fight, the bass sorta gave up but that red ear went crazy, ran towards me on an angle, I wanted it to run the other way

because I had no slack and it would have been on the reel.

the 2 pics of the red ear are the same fish, I put it in a bucket of water and took its photos up on the pier where I caught the bass with hand

in mouth to show size, by far the largest I have ever seen come out of the little lake I fish often.

both released as always.

my fort myers beach inlaws are here today trying to talk me into heading down by them soon......oh darn. LOL

GC59

You post very pretty fish.

Do you catch one each day you've posted one? Fishing after work and such?

Or are you catching several and then just teasing us with a picture now and then?

Thank you mikechell, now let me answer your ?s in the order that they appear. No some days I catch more than one but still only post one. No work I fish when I want. Teasing? no, all fish I post are caught with flies that I have posted so some may (flies) look ugly and out of focus but they catch very pretty fish. To quote you sir.

yes, because its getting colder and the days are much shorter soon the season will be over, damn, Oh except for a couple of tailwaters