Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

4Lu1VrJ.jpg

Slow day out of Flamingo yesterday - poor conditions (overcast and cold all day long..)  but we did find  a fish or two ... Fair numbers of speckled trout mixed in with ladyfish on the tly.  This was our only redfish - note the classic dark mahogany brown colors that fish in the interior of the Everglades have... The fly pattern?   A whitewater clouser in size 2/0, here's a pic...

hgedpui.jpg

note the wire  weedguard for working mangrove shorelines in tight... 

On 12/31/2023 at 11:45 AM, Capt Bob LeMay said:

4Lu1VrJ.jpg

Slow day out of Flamingo yesterday - poor conditions (overcast and cold all day long..)  but we did find  a fish or two ... Fair numbers of speckled trout mixed in with ladyfish on the tly.  This was our only redfish - note the classic dark mahogany brown colors that fish in the interior of the Everglades have... The fly pattern?   A whitewater clouser in size 2/0, here's a pic...

hgedpui.jpg

note the wire  weedguard for working mangrove shorelines in tight... 

Nice Bob!  Around here It's wonderful just to get out at this time of year, catching anything is a bonus.  Happy New Year to you!

Thanks, and the same to you and yours.  I'll be heading out in a moment (on the road, towing my skiff down to Flamingo...).  Water temps there are low this morning - only 65 degrees or so - yeah.. we're spoiled...

It warmed up to freezing this weekend!  After 2 hours of drifting all sorts of micro nymphs the stream showed no signs of life.   I tied on a #10 green Wooley Bugger and caught this skinny Brown on my first cast.  I haven't been out since December but suddenly the world feels normal again.

IMG_E0702.thumb.JPG.ac423ec3da4ac4f89bba4996c2145f47.JPG

We did three days this week with anglers and I'll have a report later on today... Here's a pic or two of the ones we caught and released on the fly... 

6ZBNDHT.jpg

a nice fat Oscar on a yellow/white clouser style fly in freshwater

9eP6zrD.jpg

followed by a Peacock bass on the same fly 

MeiZqMk.jpg

the next day down at Flamingo with a nice backcountry redfish on a larger clouser style bug

26ufyEr.jpg

a close-up of the pink and white clouser style fly that drew a lot of strikes that day

"Just nothing like the 'glades"

"Be a hero...  take a kid fishing"

On 2/7/2024 at 12:59 AM, Fruitrollup said:

A beautiful day in the Rockies.  Brown trout put a bend in the rod all day.  

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

Awesome photos!

Just me, some deer and the fishes on the water Thursday in the Colorado Rockies.  The fish were dining on cased Caddis and midge patterns, with some Pat’s Rubberlegs occasionally drawing a bite.

IMG_0465.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

The weather was nice yesterday and I had an hour after work so I stopped at a local river.  I got this one on a #14 black hares ear.

IMG_E0849.thumb.JPG.97f22d6813c776171a29f71783c36578.JPG