Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
JPFLYTYER

wtb LAW VICE

Agreed...and expect to pay a pretty penny, since with no new stock, what is out there is actually rising in value.

Might want to look at the CAE vise as well. I seem to remember reading that CAE licensed certain design details from Law. CAE Engineering Services.

How much are you willing to spend, here in the us costs were 900 + plus a long waiting period, I saw a used one for 775 not long ago but was sold same day, good luck and let me know if you find a source B)

Might want to look at the CAE vise as well. I seem to remember reading that CAE licensed certain design details from Law. CAE Engineering Services.

DoubleHaul,

This is not correct. While the CAE product is a clear copy, no design in part or entirity has been licensed.

Cheers,

Hans W

Thank you for clarifying that. There is not a lot of info about it on the net.

Jeff,

Here it is in a nutshell: Lawrence decided not to accept any new orders, and is presently clearing order backlog. Once the backlog is cleared he will decide whether to take on any fresh orders, and build more vises.

Regards,

Hans W

First post on this forum!

I have a CAE vise, couldn't find a LAW.

Charlie's vises are SUPERB! Can't find anything I don't like about it.

Only an amateur tier, but learning all the time.

Simon

www.caeengineeringservices.com

The last LAW vice on ebay uk went for about £550 ($850) I seem to remember. I thought at the time that it went rather cheap! Does anyone know if the Ekich vice is for sale? Can't see any info on ordering it on his site. At least he has the decency to credit the LAW vice as inspiration, whereas the CAE vice appears to be an unashamed rip off.

Thank you for clarifying that. There is not a lot of info about it on the net.

Jeff,

Here it is in a nutshell: Lawrence decided not to accept any new orders, and is presently clearing order backlog. Once the backlog is cleared he will decide whether to take on any fresh orders, and build more vises.

Regards,

Hans W

You never know...........I sold my LAW vise here about 4 months ago................

Why not go with the ekich vise. Very similar to the law vise.

I SPOKE WITH FARUK EKICH TODAY. THERE IS A TWO YEAR WAITING LIST COST 3000.00 US DOLLARS

Why not go with the ekich vise. Very similar to the law vise.

I SPOKE WITH FARUK EKICH TODAY. THERE IS A TWO YEAR WAITING LIST COST 3000.00 US DOLLARS

There's no earthly way that it's worth that much money.