Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

The Caddis Fly Invitational

Bob I have decided not to mail mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dropping out of the swap. I have decided to write your name on the envelope and give them to a trucker on RT 85. They have the same chance of getting to you as the post office. There I said it.

Bob I have decided not to mail mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dropping out of the swap. I have decided to write your name on the envelope and give them to a trucker on RT 85. They have the same chance of getting to you as the post office. There I said it.

Try not to us a trucker named Juan B)

I have thought about trying to tie that fly for a long time. I am intimidated by the multiple wings, but looks very effective.

Dezod, it really isn't as hard as it sounds. There are 2 ways to tie this fly;showroom (the way you see photographed in most books/sites) and fishable (the one I am tying and sending). A couple of tips; ie this one much sparser and a bit more ragged than the showroom. Clip the bottom of the hackle to get the fly a bit lower in the water. Don't attempt on a hook smaller than #14 (you can tie it in a 16 using only 2 wings, but i don't think it fishes or looks right). It is actually a fly designed to imitate the big (1 1/2"-2") traveller sedges in BC interior lakes, but I have used it very effectively in streams and lakes throught the Pacific north-west and Alaska. Give it a try and surprise yourself.

You need more than that!! LOL Got any snow yet or are the tarsands over heating ya?

Sorry couldn't resist. But the spring thaw must come early. 2gwb9211.gif?w=78&h=83

I know, I know BC is just on the other melting side of the mountains. Can't wait for your flies they are great and so is your book.

I need an address.

Addy please... As more people post pictures, I get more and more excited.

C