Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

you've got to be kidding me!!!

Well, what do you expect, "If you are a collector, this is the Holy Grail of vise sets."! :rolleyes:

I had heard they were a decent vise & tools, but had a lot of production problems with the machine shop(s)that were making them. Made in Annapolis, MD originally I believe.

flytire, you should buy it, before someone else does! "I know all of you are salivating!" :lol:

It all appears to be in beautiful condition. I really like AK's work and I'm sure the tools would be great quality, but the seller could have tossed in free shipping.

I take it you didn't read the whole listing......he says he is sorry about the price, but eBay won't let him delist it. He apparently put that price in error. So, I guess you could say you WERE being kidded.

KIDDING OR NOT...

I have for sale all those AK Best items up for sale exclusively here on FTF to my good friends.

I will start the bidding at $750.00

Oh, my attorney advised me to say that I don't have the vise, but I have everything else.

I saw a AK vise up for sale where I googled for $135. I also heard they had quality problems, which the Ebay guy mentioned. I don't think I'd take a chance on one.

S.o.b. WHAT IS THIS GUY SMOKING !! MAYBE ONE OF THE LOTTO WINNERS WILL JUMP ON THIS BARGIN !!! MILO

S.o.b. WHAT IS THIS GUY SMOKING !! MAYBE ONE OF THE LOTTO WINNERS WILL JUMP ON THIS BARGIN !!! MILO

Didn't you see that it was a mistake (the price on ebay) and he tried to delist it???????

Yes, saw that it was a mis-listing of the price, but it is/ was still funny :lol: I'm sure all the other posters saw it too, again, doesn't make it any less funny.... :lol:

Even if his mistake was by a factor of 10, it's still overpriced.

To you maybe. A collector might feel different. It looks like he has quite a few accesories included which are rarer than the vice.

Are you a collector? If so, offer him $1200 and see if he jumps on it. If you aren't a collector, I don't think you are qualified to speak for them.