Fly Tying
flytire

NOVEMBER FLIES

Thanks, ill try editing in paint, and see what that does; my camera is an old olympus 2 mp though, and just dosent take decent resolution pics of anything, let alone small things.

The pics on here are pretty inspiring, to say the least... need to try to tie some of them chronomids...

The olympus might just well have a macro setting on it. Also Piker20 is right some us do it really cheap, i mean i don't even have a cereal box or tinfoil - just head to the kitchen with my little olympus mju camera and flick an image or two on macro setting. One thing is that you need a lot of light.

Bigger munchier steelhead flies or cat toys. Just need some sally hansen on the heads but they should swing.

PB232029.jpg

i will catch a fish one day and remember to charge the camera!

Photo test... with a Grey Wulff.

GrWulff.jpg

No macro on my camera, and as you can see, pics come out dark. This had my desk lamp, with 75 watt bulb, literally 10 inches from it and shining directly down on it. Can photoshop or whatever sharpen and brighten a picture like this?

Hellgrammite - You can brighten/ darken the image with something like Photoshop, but it will not sharpen an out of focus shot. I would suggest downloading Picasa from Google (it's free) instead of popping big bucks for Photoshop. It's a basic image processor, and should do everything you need it to do (croping, saturation, color to black and white conversion, etc. Just keep in mind you need to start out with an image that's in focus to begin with.

For lighting I use 2 cheapo desk lamps with daylight bulbs. If you can, use a table tripod - if you're using a point-and-shoot camera, small tripods are fairly cheap ($10+). Also, if your camera allows the use of a cable shutter release, grab one of those, too. If it doesn't, use the timer on the camera to trip the shutter. That will help keep your image vibration-free and sharp.

Take a look at the photography forum on this site for lots of tips.

post-4211-0-12147800-1353711667_thumb.jpg

I like Buffalo Trace *took m e10 minutes to typ ethat!* YAY! Nice FlY! Oh Oh edit, Chase Creek, very very nice!

Photo test... with a Grey Wulff.

GrWulff.jpg

No macro on my camera, and as you can see, pics come out dark. This had my desk lamp, with 75 watt bulb, literally 10 inches from it and shining directly down on it. Can photoshop or whatever sharpen and brighten a picture like this?

Try having your background much farther back (therefore out of focus). Use your flash. Zoom in a little but not too much. Make sure your camera is focusing on the fly. I can't speak for Photoshop, but most decent photo programs should be able to let you adjust the lighting and sharpness. They can't,however, focus an out of focus pic.

FYI Picasa will let you do all those things and the best part is, it's free!

The new marabou weed guards are in this season, Piker20 i thought you knew!? :lol:

Wavey1988, those baitfish look pretty good! Chase Creek what a great assortment and photo! Piker20, you know I'd swing that in a heartbeat, planettrout, tying some bigger patterns i see. Everyone great flies!

Just more little EP's, look better in the water, a touch of silver.

PB072037.jpg

Looks like I found a pattern for my fly box :) Thanks for sharing!