Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

Riff, looks meaty goodness to me!

I would swing it in this pool, you can see the shadows of about 5 or 6 steelhead against the ledge near that piece of tall grass. Love sight fishing for those fish especially when they have 'intruder murder' on their minds.

post-29540-0-59518900-1356545781_thumb.jpg

I was reading through and I didn't catch a confirmed timeframe for them to be sent in. I may be up for it depending on how long I have to get them in the mail. Here's some recent ties, figured I tie one of these patterns.

post-272-0-73357700-1356546957_thumb.jpg

Jam that is awesome I too love sight fishing the chrome I got a spot that when I was a bit younger we actually would watch them swim into the under cut bank then kneel down slowly reach our hands down and "pet" the fish until we could feel their gill plates then snatch them out of the water with our bare hands caught many dinners that way but now I am older and understand the laws of nature more so I only use my flyrod in that river now but them was sure fun times

Jam that is awesome I too love sight fishing the chrome I got a spot that when I was a bit younger we actually would watch them swim into the under cut bank then kneel down slowly reach our hands down and "pet" the fish until we could feel their gill plates then snatch them out of the water with our bare hands caught many dinners that way but now I am older and understand the laws of nature more so I only use my flyrod in that river now but them was sure fun times

Hahaha believe me, i have been tempted to just jump in and wrestle them too. Can be really frustrating fishing for fish that are not actually eating. At least the West Coast Summer Steel are not eating. I have even shouted at them before. Drop backs however even tho i don't like fishing for them seem to feed voraciously.

Here is something really norty i shouldn't post or let anyone know - often after you have spooked the pool and they all run to the head in the whitewater or the 30ft deep canyon pools where you could never get the fly anywhere near them. I have actually thrown rocks at them to get them back into the tail where they will take the fly again!

Only done this on a pool that no-one knows about and is really dangerous to get to, need ropes. :ph34r:

Lance, jump in those look awesome!

Thanks for joining!

I am just adding a video as my mouth is watering for small stream summer steelhead! Just a little fish but a load of fun.

th_00021-1.jpg

Count me in if there room left.

This is one area I haven't really done enough.

Mark

Boron11mx and Phish both are in. The swap is full. Also did both of you see that I am asking for a materials list from everyone please. I want to learn from all the flies. It will be a great swap.

Kevin