Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

Well this will be my entry I think.

post-42518-0-52123900-1356865917_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-21999800-1356865944_thumb.jpg

Swim pretty horizontal in the bath! Should look good on the sink tip.

Sorry I didnt get back on as I got really busy. Skinned out and prepped some deer belly hair and tails!:-)

Those flies looks great so far!

Looks like most answered tube style question already. I normally supply a hook with the tube fly.

I did found some salmon hooks that I am thinking of cutting the hook point off and tie the loop on. The fly I posted is on a aluminum tube with the real eyes.

Kevin can we clear something up here? Are we sending with hooks?

Swap is looking great so far. Glad to see some color variety! Im just waiting on my blue Amherst center taik and ill get to tying!

htt

Here is another version that I did this morning. I like it and is much easier to do than the tube version.

p://th_IMG_20121230_110650.jpg

I have started construction of shanks first (oh so boring), GSP thread, superglue, 30lb fireline, octopus hooks...Once i have a dozen shanks ready to roll i will decide what to tie. Considering hot pink or the purple colours for spring fish. *shank factory*

Didn't understand there would be tubes involved with the swap *sigh*. Another stupid question - with the tubes whats the knot u can use to 'jam' a length of mono behind the tube at the correct length? Like can i tie a toothpick on or something?

I have started construction of shanks first (oh so boring), GSP thread, superglue, 30lb fireline, octopus hooks...Once i have a dozen shanks ready to roll i will decide what to tie. Considering hot pink or the purple colours for spring fish. *shank factory*

Didn't understand there would be tubes involved with the swap *sigh*. Another stupid question - with the tubes whats the knot u can use to 'jam' a length of mono behind the tube at the correct length? Like can i tie a toothpick on or something?

Dont need to jam or tie anything to the mono on a tube, tie the tippet to the hook, jam the hook eye up in the hole and swing away!

Dont feel left out Jam' I havent got a clue how to use a tube fly either!!

Dont need to jam or tie anything to the mono on a tube, tie the tippet to the hook, jam the hook eye up in the hole and swing away!

then again on second thought I do recall someone talkin about using a toothpick jammed into the tub end to let the hook ride farther back.