Fly Tying

What's in YOUR vest?

Piker ... remember the leaf thing. Remember that the next time you've got that burning itch ... Preparation H doesn't do anything for poison ivy.

i have a pair of snips,forceps,4boxes of flies,some floatan,xink,7 spools of tipit,an extra leader or two, a knot tying device and some strike indicaters.that about it, and some line dressing

I carry a shoulder bag because it tis too hot to wear a vest. I carry 3 fly boxes, clippers, needle nose pliers. extra tippets, 2 extra leaders and a bottle of water along with a package of snack crackers and some smarties since I am diabetic.

Depends on what I'm fishing for and where I am.

I usually have a wallet with spare leaders. 3 fly boxes. floatant. Drying patch. Unhooking hemostats. 4 spools of tippet. water bottle. Knife. Clippers and a landing net connected to a quick release on my back.

I've started going to a local trout river. So if I'm there, I also add a priest.

If I'm Pike fishing I swap the fly boxes for plastic wallet thingies to hold flies. I don't bother with taking a priest or the floatant and drying patch.

And in the salt. I use 2 fly boxes. And again don't bother with floatant or drying patch. Will sometimes bring the priest if I decide I want something for dinner.

I think I've remembered everything. I probably haven't

Okay ... I looked it up. When Piker mentioned a priest, I truly thought it was a joke. Then Wavey says it three times and I am thinking, "Either he's REALLY yanking my chain, or there is something called a priest I don't know about."

A little club for killing a fish. I guess fish that need a priest aren't catch and release type fish.

Sorry Mike I thought you were jesting me! Yep its called a priest as it gives the last rites. But I only carry it incase a fish is gill hooked or in some other way damaged and wont survive if I return it. So so far, priest is still a virgin!

No, no apology necessary. I was joking, and I got a kick out of where the thread went. But Now I know y'all aren't just pulling my leg.

We're good ... and I am glad about the virgin thing, in all it's connotations.