Fly Tying
SILKHDH

The Vises I Made

Tjis is awesome.

Think best described if I took a picture of my face right now (and I won't) jaws dropped and drooling.

They are pieces of art, beautiful and simply just miss the detail of my tying table under their basses.

I have a close friend with those kinds of skills but I would never ask him to make me such a fine machine though I am sure he could. You have done some fine work there and I understand why you are proud of it. You well should be.

Silk,

Those are some truly impressive pieces of work. I am drooling over the LAW-type vises as I doubt I will ever own an original LAW. Great job.

Regards,

Jed

thanks again. It took some time to do these. I could have been fishing. LOL

silk, just an idea.....

sell me one of those "nice flys" you have tied

and...

throw the vise in for free

craig

Your skills are truely top shelf! Those are some GREAT creations there.

Is it possible to make the NorVise style smaller? I always thought a travel vise about half size with the fine point style jaw conversion (or something similar) would be great. Seeing the tremendous amount of detail you did on that travel case combined with my idea would be a peice to treasure forever. Have you ever played with the auto bobbins? Making those a little smaller would be a great thing as well.

Seriously, PM me with some idea of what that might cost and i will try to get my paws on the cash.

You do fine work sir, being anal does pay off in the end. Things such as this made by hand with much love and devotion take longer but once it's done, it's done... Enjoy them.

Thanks to you all for the compliments. Much appreciated. I would love to make and sell, but I do not see the honor in making other peoples designs. I have made a promise to Lawerance Waldren of the law vise not to reproduce them. Norm Norland is such a great guy, I would never take business from him. But thanks again for all the compliments. Hey if any vise companies are looking for a good engineer, E-mail me. How cool would that be.

Thanks to you all for the compliments. Much appreciated. I would love to make and sell, but I do not see the honor in making other peoples designs. I have made a promise to Lawerance Waldren of the law vise not to reproduce them. Norm Norland is such a great guy, I would never take business from him. But thanks again for all the compliments. Hey if any vise companies are looking for a good engineer, E-mail me. How cool would that be.

You are a gentelman.

Silver Doctor ,

Thanks for that. I meant what I said. But anyone wants a special option for there vise or a design change, am open to any requests. I am currently advising a guy "who will remain nameless" on a vise he wants to produce. At least that's what he says he wants to do.