Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - February

Here is the sign up thread for February. As far as the pattern, you have a choice. It can either be a Dragonfly/Damsefly Nymph pattern, or a Scud, Czech Nymph, Grub type pattern. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will all come up with.

Take care

BB

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister - Damsel Nymph

2. Jolly Red - Green Dragon - Received

3. Dreamcaster - Adult Blue Damsel - Received

4. Famill00 - Green Weenie - Received

5. IMX - Damsel Nymph - Received

6. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Mono Grub

7. Fshrmanms - Damsel Nymph - Received

8. BassMouth - Mono Eye Scud - Received

9. ChefBen - Hot Head Damsel Fly - Received

10. Ristarwen - Received

11. Crackleback - Received

12. Bassbugn - Olive Scud - Received

Here is the sign up thread for February. As far as the pattern, you have a choice. It can either be a Dragonfly/Damsefly Nymph pattern, or a Scud, Czech Nymph, Grub type pattern. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will all come up with.

Take care

BB

BB, would it be possible for you to put each tyer's name on the first post and what they are tying? Then you can update when they are received too.. I think it helps alot of people out if they don't have to dig through the threads. This is what I myself do on the monthly smb/lmb swap. I think its how you did it last year too... Maybe it will keep us from getting duplicates, if nothing else.

Also, I am going to be tying a green weenie, unweighted for this months swap. I am going to make them with the little loop tail. A true bluegill/bream killer!

-Forrest

OK, the first post has a list of swappers and what they are going to be tying. Hope this helps. I'll do my best to keep in up to date but things have been crazy-busy here lately. I had the flu a few days after Christmas, and since, I haven't had a day off in about 3 or 4 weeks, and this week isn't going to be any better. I had more to do today than I could have gotten through in 2 days, and spent most of the day trying to resolve computer issues. Some days are like that.

Going to tie a fly I call a green dragon, which works pretty good around here. Will post a picture in the next couple of days.

Thanks BB, that makes it alot easier to follow! I hear ya on work. I have spent more days on the road in January than I did at home.

-Forrest

This is the fly I plan on sending, I call it a Green Dragon. Really simple to tie, but does a good job of getting bluegill.

post-29776-0-05546300-1360121992_thumb.jpg

damselfly nymph, I have never tied one so it will be fun to learn a new pattern. Had to order olive marabou but it should be here on Friday which will give me time to learn the pattern and still get them mailed. Have to leave the end of the month open for my wife we will celebrate 40 yr. anniversary.

damsel nymph here as well...playin around with some different uses for mono on this one. so it will be a trial dozen

Never been in a swap before and would like to give it a try. I fish for gills out of a kayak. Could someone give me some info on how to get started. I am probably too late to get into Febuarys but would like to try March's. I read that in March it was going to be learn a new pattern. I am kind of confused about what flys you guys are looking for.

RichZ- This is a swap club where it is the same people month to month. Once in a while people drop out so if you contact BreamBuster you can get on the waiting list.

Also for swaps, keep participating on the forum, and checking back on the swap page.

Hi Richz. As ChefBen has already mentioned, this is a swap club which means that last December 12 guys signed up for the whole year. There is already one person on the waiting list, so you will have to wait until the second person drops out in order to join. But to tell you the truth, I would be really happy if the same 12 guys stay in all year. They are a great group of swappers and a great group of tyers, and I'd just as soon not have to make any changes this year.

Be sure to watch the main board of the Swaps and Contests forum and watch for a new group forming. You really need to check it at least once a day because the swaps fill up fast. But if someone Posts a new swap, you would be welcome to join. The swaps are a great way for Newbies to improve their tying skills fast, and a great way for old hands like me to learn new patterns. Good luck on getting into a swap soon, and I'll keep you in mind for the waiting list.

Breambuster