Fly Tying
rockworm

Third Annual Evolution Swap

Hi all!

I think my flies are lost in space :-(

I did a rety and will send these out today, they wil need at least four more days though.

CHEERS

Sjo

Sjo- Given the speed of Canada Post it is possible your first package is simply still in transit. I eagerly await their arrival and will have the Evo Series flies on their way to everyone as soon as possible.

I am happy to announce Sjo's flies have landed! Now I can begin my contribution to this swap. Your flies should be in the mail in a day or two.

Looking forward to adding them to the other two collections!

Bob

The saddest thing about this swap is that the flies never get to meet the trout. And so far, in my estimation, these flies have been killers! I intend to fix this next year!

Well seeing as I only joined this year I will fish mine and see which form of evolution is the highest and which gets a Darwin award.

I have a couple of sets from other swaps which I can't see getting wet. Maybe these will live on the same desk.

I still got box 1 & 2 + the extra fly. They are beautifull flies, but they are part off something unique, I will not ever fish any off them, I could not break this chain, connecting us from all over the world. ;-)

The great thing about this swap is you get the pattern recipe and the original fly. You can tie your own fly and keep the original in the display box with it's brothers and sisters. This swap is the fly tying equivalent of; having your cake and eating it too. I cut and paste the recipies from the posts onto a Word Document and save it.

One of the joys of swapping for me is the number of virtual friends I have made around the country and around the world. As Sjo said we are all connected. cool.png

My sets are in shadow boxes hnging on the wall in my office at work. Constant reminder to me that there are other things in life than working.