Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

2014 Tarpon Rookie Competition

ive got some gorgeous ocean front property in arizona. im sure there are plenty of tarpon swimming around in the front yard for any one who wants to join me on that side of the country !!! :)

I have been looking for some waterfront property. Does it have a dock? and how much are you asking?

So that time share I just brought from Panama Ben Real Estate might not be the hot ticket they sold it as?

That's what out neighborhood in NY looked like every time it rained hard. We spent so many nights at the Comfort Inn that the staff knew our dogs by name. I don't miss that place.

YES YES thats the exact paradise property Panama Ben offered me. Does seem that their promise of easy backcasting was a little white lie.

That is good to know Peterjay......I was ready to put the $100 down that was to be the 20% down payment. When I spend the big bucks for property I want to know I am getting top drawer. guess I will need to look for some more bargain priced water front property. You just can't trust anyone these days. Prime price should be prime property.

I think Mike is in the wrong contest. We are fishing for tarpon, he is targeting the Megaladon. I can't wait to see his monster squid fly.

Agn ... I AM fishing for Tarpon. Florida Tarpon are special. When I am live bait fishing for them, I usually hook a Great White through the dorsal fin and fish it weightless under a 55 gallon drum for a bobber.

Didn't mean to offend….What I meant by Florida anglers is folks who have fished tarpon in Florida, I don't care where they come from. If someone has caught fish in Texas on a pattern that don't work well in Florida it doesn't do me much good. Being a complete Tarpon virgin I'm just looking for as much info as I can get before I tie six flies for this years winner.

No offense ... I just take the fishing seriously ... and hooking a white shark to a hook takes some ... "fin"esse.

Ok, seeing as I'm the only one who actually posted a photo of real live caught and released tarpon last year I'm going to enter to defend my title and beat my own personal record. Even if it is only 20 inches.

Ok, seeing as I'm the only one who actually posted a photo of real live caught and released tarpon last year I'm going to enter to defend my title and beat my own personal record. Even if it is only 20 inches.

Ummmmmmmmmmm You saying no one else's photographed fish were "real" ... or that they weren't caught and released????

Maybe I missed them wading through all the skirts and beehives.

Post again and refresh my failing mamories.

Here's my last years whopper to beat.

post-44758-0-49429300-1391306341_thumb.jpg

I'm upset Salty has failing mamories. I think we should have a forum fund raiser to help research into this terrible affliction.