Fly Tying
lostnwilderness

Custom Build a Tying Desk

I see where Sundance said he built both of them. Nice work!

Suggest deeper drawer with slots for standard size dubbing boxes. Also about six to eight wide flat drawers with cedar for fur and feathers. Lastly some kind of panel to hold flash type materials. Have fun with this.

It always starts off so simple.We all know from experience that no matter how well planned out the desk always needs to be bigger.I started with a tying station and now I am up to a 36x60 desk.Good luck

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their advice an input. The desk is solid white oak and the drawers are sold cedar. I am guessing in the 175 pound range. She is SOLID. 3 coats of varnish on so far. I am thinking it will need at least another 2.

I appreciate the great advice! Cheers.

Lostnwilderness isn't kidding,

Just to bring up an old and valuable thread. Storage is storage - gots lots, more than most. But when I want to tie a particular fly, I will go down to the storage room, or freezer, and come up with a shoebox, and tie whatever on my dining room table, probably a hockey game in the background. When I'm done it all goes back in the storage unit / freezer. Lots of times not been put away properly, but that's me.