Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

It has to be googleable for trout

One spot left open...Nate must be fishing since I can't get response out of him.

I wouldn't do this particular tie for a trout contest unless you were going to New Zealand or fished some really big brown waters but in searching for the offbeat I ran across this one. I may have to tie a few just for laughs...or largemouth, they eat anything that fits in their mouth, and I've seen it all.

http://onthevise.com/flies/hemorrhoidal-morrish-mouse-526

One spot left...let's fill this out. If no one steps up by Sunday we'll call it as full. I've found piles of neat flies out there with weird name but very good lines.

Water is way too high to fish, I've been busy moving everything in the shop to get ready for summer season. I sent you a PM Nick, but I'll take the last spot.

Well, I got my first googleable tie. It's a combo of two ties from two different countries that is supposed to be a killer in the northeast and I see no reason it shouldn't be usable anywhere. It's a simple enough tie tho I of course had to add my own enhancement to make it a little longer in the vise but since I think I can do these in day's worth of time (I'm not very fast) I'm looking for a small fly to go with it that no one's ever heard of.

Mine are in the mail. This was a pretty easy tie and I am looking forward to seeing how it performs this spring myself.

fishin'bob, yours were first arrival. Looking good. The extras are some really nice looking dries. Wish I could keep mind as proportional as yours, but fish don't have a hackle guage with them so I get away with them. Prof, yours might be here but won't hit PO until Monday.

I came up with two flies in two categories that are really pretty straight forward ties but have weird names to look up...but they are googleable.

Mine went out yesterday. They are nothing fancy but I liked their look and the simplicity in materials needed. Thanks for hosting.

My first choice was a bit easy and I thought that quite a few would already know of the pattern so I dug a little deeper and came up with a second one that isn't as well known (I think???) I have had these tied for a while now but I have been waiting to get my boxes back from another swap but still haven't seen them so I now have a couple of ziplock bags with Altoids in them and two new boxes. I will send them on there way in the morning. Thanks for hosting Vicrider and I am anxious to see everyone's "googleable" flies.

Take Care,

Tony

Professori, your flies have arrived, and very nice they are. I've been thinking about what to do for the googleable part. When I have all the flies ready to put in the mailbox I'm going to list the names of the flies after each person's contribution. Then, for those who want to, you can google or search the pattern and just see if what you find is pretty close to what you get. One of mine will pretty much be right on but the other has a small extra touch not listed. Should make it fun for those who want to look them up and then see if they've found the right fly.

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow morning. I apologize for running so close to the deadline, my visehas been a very busy place with spring orders. But I found something neat for you all.