Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

It has to be googleable for trout

No problem gpl. I didn't give as much time as most do so if anyone runs late no big deal. Just thought that deadline would help take people's mind off tax day. Look forward to your ties, which are always a cut above average. Nicest flies in my box have come from this swap. Keep thinking I should shadow box them but they look so good in the fly box.

First set done now Im gonna need another one I'm trying to hurry . I will pick a nice one as they all sound new to me lol I have only been tying for two years now . But I will make some nice ones .

My flies have been sent.

I'm still pretty new to tying, so finding something I hadn't heard of was easy. Cross referencing the names here showed me most were not as exotic as I originally thought. From the beginning one stuck out as a pattern I really wanted to fish. In researching something else I came across a very similar fly with a couple twists. That is the fly I went with. I look forward to seeing what everyone came up with. Great swap idea!

Ok mine are in the mail. This was a hard one. First of all, I couldn't find one that I've never heard of before...that I would use for trout. Secondly, how do you find what you don't know? There's a question for the philosophers! Soooo...I got the idea of tying a pattern I have never tied before, at least with these materials. My thought was that everything has been tied by someone and it's probably on the web somewhere. So I tied my pattern first and then I went to look for it online. I was wrong. But, I found something pretty darn close. It is the same pattern...just a different color. I think mine is better :)

Flies are officially winging their way your direction Nick. When I saw the name, I couldn't resist. Definitely a pattern I'd use either in my favorite panfish/bass pond or trout river waters, so I tied up a dozen. Love the idea for the swap. Thanks!

Netabrookie, yours are here and looking good. You're right about one of the names but the other is a great fly but I'm betting most trout fisherman are aware of it. I don't have one in my box but will be happy to. Will check mail later and see if any others have made it.

DavidHE, yours are here and another fly with a twist. Very nice. So far I'm seeing names I don't know but flies I'm anxious to fish.

Just wondering about your fly pic by your name. Is that a tenkara fly on a Klinkhammer hook?

Glad they made it. Once I saw a version of that fly I couldn't get it out of my head, really wanted to tie and fish it. When I saw a less well known variant, I knew I found my fly. I did find half a dozen other promising leads to give a hand at tying too. So I'll be ready for the second annual rendition of this swap..

The fly in my photo is a tenkara fly, tied on an Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp Kahle hook. No fly shop in town, so when I visit one and see the hook wall, my eyes kind of glaze over and I never find what I want. When in Walmart or small tackle shops I will occasionally see interesting hooks shapes, and pick them up to tie my kebari on. Other than that Allen Fly Fishing gets the majority of my hook business.

If you'd asked a couple days ago, I would've sent one along for you to check out and fish. Next time!

Mailed them out on Wednesday and should arrive on Monday.

Thanks for hosting Vicrider.

Tim

Wow, my cup runneth over. At least my PO Box was. Got some great flies and some great names from Tim980, Shoebop, Nate Dubay, Gunpowderleader,and JBurge. Top that great selection of flies off with a shipment that got here surprisingly fast and it was a great day.

Joseph R, your flies are here and like all received very nice. The last couple of swaps have given me a separate box of swap flies that will have great coverage from top to bottom. The swaps that really came thru are the opening day swap, the Czech nymph swap, maybe too optimistic, and this one. When the salmon flies and carp flies come in there should be some more in there to fill out a swap only box that will be my goto box and the 1000 other flies I have will gather dust.

Okay guys, deadline (not a very rigid one tho) has come and gone. Everyone is in except Psychoprince. I have not had a post or answer to messaging. There are many reasons for missing a swap and I understand that. Health, weather problems, personal, anything so I don't get upset all that much. If there is nothing committed or responded by Monday I will send them out and just mix in an extra of each persons in the batch. Everyone's are sorted and I hope I did them all to get everyone an equal amount and not one of their own. So unless I hear differently from the Prince of Psychos they're be one their way Monday and I guarantee you will be happy with every offering and have use for them in both warm and cold water.