Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

It has to be googleable for trout

Okay, psycho was in the middle of moving and hasn't finished yet but has his tying stuff ready to set up and will get flies out as soon as he can. I'll wait on them and we'll have a complete set unless someone has a trip planned and wants them now. ( I wish it was me )

I have a couple trips planned for the next few weeks, but I guess I will just make do with the 1000+ trout flies I have accumulated over the years. If I miss the big one because I am missing that unknown fly i'm gonna be pi$$ed.biggrin.png

Dog gone Prof, if I just knew which fly that was going to be I'd tape that one to the leg of my carrier pigeon and send it winging your way. I'm planning a trip for early part of next month and hope to have a few of the swap flies get some fish slime on them.

Sorry guys I really dropped the ball with done real lIfe issues I had gOing on. It's no excuse but I Just want to let you guys know it wasn't intentional flies are on there way tomorrow sorry for the inconvenience

Was just lurking.. would you mind posting some pictures or at the very least name the flies that every tied so that I can googlize them? You have my curiousity peaked..

thursthouse, when I have them all in hand I'll post a list on front page of all the names. There are some kind of oddball flies with simple names, and some simple flies with oddball names. One example I had to tie as an extra (took about 10 minutes to do them) was the name "Treacle Parkin". Now with a name like that you'd expect something exotic but didn't turn out that way. Definitely a usable fly tho almost anywhere trout are to be had.

Thanks vicrider! I did some googling after I read this thread and thought the Daphnia Log would be strange..although I could not decipher how the hell that thing is tied. Anway, thanks again!

You are right, it would be a strange name and pattern. Looks like it could be done tho, probably using small glue blobs on the end of the mono stalks.

Next time get in on this if someone, or me, fires the concept up again. Was fun to see what's coming in. The names are a lot weirder than the flies.

Okay guys, we're all in. I'll get the final sort and check tonight and get them in the mail tomorrow. I put all the names on the front page of everyone's contribution. I can say for certainty that there was only one in the list that I knew what it was. All the rest, including mine, are new to me but there is nothing really exotic in there that can't be fished somewhere thru the summer. Of course, Caddis is so universal it will be used by all, and the couple of streamers in there look good to me.

So, for those who might want to try to check what's coming and see how close it is, the names are there.

I'll make a small note on here that even psycho prince was a little late for personal reasons, his fly is quality and worth the wait. Very nice.

I googled (and found) all the patterns last night. There were some really cool patterns, I cant wait to try some of these out on the west branch of the Au Sable in a few weeks!

They're all on their way so in a few days you'll see how well each of us followed the pattern of the "googable unknown".