Fly Tying
Steve P

Serious Carpin' Swappin'

FWIW, I just finished a swap (Inspire a Tier) and Steve P vanished. Frankly, I'm surprised given he's an "advanced" member. I sent 3 PM's and no response, so who knows...

I'm not in the swap and I probably should mind my own business, but it looks like Steve P has been active on Facebook in the past few days. Maybe somebody could message him there if they haven't already.

I'm not in the swap and I probably should mind my own business, but it looks like Steve P has been active on Facebook in the past few days. Maybe somebody could message him there if they haven't already.

PM me his FB name if you would please.

I know everyone that sent flies in got the sting from this one. What do you think of doing another set so we can get something out of this? I do understand we cant get our first set back unless Steve get to him about it.

Kevin

Thanx but no thanx Kevin. I'll just write it off and if I go after any carp I've got plenty stuff for them and can always tie more.

I have tried to contact Steve P through here and FB as well as directly but no reply from him. Odd that he would do this knowing how long he has been around and participated in numerous swaps, but due to the fact that he has not replied to me yet has posted on FB that shows me there are no extenuating circumstances other than the fact that he has decided to screw other members. I will give him till Friday as a last chance to make good on this to everyone then after that he will be completely banned from the website.

Hey guys, just a thought, being sort of an optimist and because this guy has been with the forum a while...

I've already had experience with this, too. When someone disappears, yet FB gets posted, it is not always "he" who posts to FB. I assume the posts read in a manner that indicated it was him and there wasn't anything wrong ... so disregard if that is so, but I've seen teens and relatives use others' FB accounts.

Lastly, when someone dies or is critically hospitalized it isn't unusual for someone else to have login info and post to FB, but the tone and content is usually a messaging of the details of circumstances for a few days to reach out to those who need to know.

Assume you checked that out, though, but in case thought I'd mention it.

Personally, I appreciate those who were patient, forgiving, optimistic, hopeful, and didn't jump the gun. We never know the circumstances, and in this forum it doesn't hurt to be patient.

I just got a hold of him on the phone. He said he will send them out tomorrow. Let me know if/when you guys start receiving them please.

Steve