Fly Tying

I had originally started tying Conehead Muddlers, but I have gone through 2 razor blades peeling hair and stuff off of hooks.

20140922_155139Medium_zpsf74d2724.jpg

I will still work on the Muddlers, but I didn't feel good about sending them out, just not good enough.

I decided to tie up some Barr's Slump Busters instead. My first time tying with squirrel, love how soft it is.

20140925_145937Medium_zps8e6c85c3.jpg

These go out tomorrow:

20140925_150207Medium_zps4d06ddc1.jpg

Guys, I am really sorry, but I'm running behind this month. We finally got our Summer Vacation last week, and even though I took my fly tying stuff with me, I still don't have enough good ones ready to send in. And this week, I'm going to be busy and out of town Thursday & Friday. I'm tying a Royal Coachman Bucktail Streamer pattern and I've got 6 that MAY be acceptable. I'm hoping they will get better as I continue to tie. I will do my very best to get some more tied this week. Sorry to be holding things up.

Take care

BB

Guys, mine are going to be late, I have been overly busy the last half of this month and haven't had much time to get to the bench, sorry for being late.

Blane

I have all the August flies and will be mailing them out in the mornings mail. I will be getting septembers flies together when I receive them and mail them out as soon as I have them all as for the rest of the year I am asking that we end this club at September as I am not willing to run it any longer if someone else wants to take it over have at it but I am done

Hey Guys, I am probably the last possible reasonable one to make this offer since I'm one of those who is late this month, but I hate to see the Swap Club end early. So if you guys are willing, I would be willing to host until the end of the year. But let me answer the next question immediately. As far as continuing to host after this coming December, the answer is "NO!" I will continue to run some swaps next year, but I have NO interest in hosting a swap club for another year. If you guys want to continue, the theme for October is a fly that uses something Orange, for November it's a fly that uses a Turkey feather somewhere, and for December it will be Anything you want to tie. So how about it, guys? How many of you are willing to continue on until the end of the year with me hosting? I will post an "October Thread" and if you are willing to continue, let me know there.

Take care

BB

Oh where oh where have our little flies gone? Oh where oh where can they be? Everyone should be glad that I am typing this because if you heard me sing it you would say that I sound like a bull frog riding in the back seat of a bus riding down railroad tracks. Maybe the mailman had to stop somewhere for lunch, then dinner, then a week long vacation..... Paul, you can't say that they were all under your couch because that one has been used already. (sorry Blane, don't hate me because I just couldn't resist)

Riff can I get your addy for septembers set? Or if it would be easier I can send them to bream buster with the October set if he is okay with it.

I delayed. Sending them because I wasn't sure what was going on with the swap and then was out of town.

Regards,

imx