Fly Tying

So, I havent posted much lately; been finishing up my master's, working, and well, figuring out where in the world I was going.

Originally, it looked like Wisconsin. That didn't go. That's ok. In a few weeks (early December) i am moving to the Netherlands, to the far SE bit in Heerlen. So...

...trout here? Anyone know? Eep? I am literally 10 minutes from Aachen, Germany there, also....

I have no idea what to expect, fish/fishing wise!

=/

Hell...etc

If nobody replies soon, go up top, click on Members, click on search options, enter Netherlands in location. You'll get several pages of members from there. You'll have to hover over each one, or even go to their profile, to find current members or to find some in your area.

Sorry I can't be of any help. Can't think of any folks from Holland (Netherlands) on here. Bound to be some though. I would imagine that there will be some good fishing around any. Try this link from a Dutch site http://www.fishinginfo.eu/NL/hengelsportwinkels/hengelsportwinkels.htm

Also what you going to be doing going dutch? Hope you still stay on the site and muck in with some swaps. Always good to have some extra Euro folk in the mix.

I am moving to be with my BF; we have been dating for a long time, and the time came for one or the other of us to relocate... seeing how he's the one with the paid-for home, the good job, the family he is close with, and so on, it is simply much easier (and smarter) for me to be the one to make the move. I love it there, it's a wonderful country and wonderful people.

I will stay on the site; tying has always been the biggest part of the hobby to me, anyway. For me, fishing is secondary (Yes, I know! Weird!)

Ill still be here... and with more spare time, haha... and huh.

Xplore fly fishing is in Heerlen, along with another fly shop. Good omen.

Be sure to let us know when you're there, and tell us all about what you find there. And send pictures.

ah, dammit! I have to cross another one off the "My Next Girlfriend" list.... :) Just kidding-

Good luck and hope you find good things there. Keep in touch

Somehow I can't help but go back and read that again. "Looked like Wisconsin but instead it's the Netherlands". That's like saying, I was going to get a Fiat but instead got a Bugatti. Finishing your Masters (in?), moving to the Netherlands to a boyfriend with a paid for home, and having time to do fly tying and fishing.

You go Girl. wub.png biggrin.png

Hey well spotted. I looked at heerlen and you are right on Belgium, Luxembourg borders right? Should be some outstanding fishing around there. Not sure how the Belgians are but Germans expect all fish to be killed and C&R is illegal. Will be an interesting cultural experience among many other vast changes.

Hey well spotted. I looked at heerlen and you are right on Belgium, Luxembourg borders right? Should be some outstanding fishing around there. Not sure how the Belgians are but Germans expect all fish to be killed and C&R is illegal. Will be an interesting cultural experience among many other vast changes.

There is no C&R in Germany? =/ Crap... I was looking at Germany (As I will live, literally, 5 minutes from Germany) and hoping to get my fishfix there. Well, Belgium is close too, yes! Heerlen is very far Southeast, and quite near both Germany and Belgium, and not terribly far from France or Luxembourg, either. Will have to see what is what, I suppose.

EDIT: Welp, upon examination, Belgium looks to be by far the winner; the Ardennes seems to be the place, and it is much closer to where home will be, than the rivers I fish now, are to me now.

ah, dammit! I have to cross another one off the "My Next Girlfriend" list.... smile.png Just kidding-

Good luck and hope you find good things there. Keep in touch

O, I will! I plan on getting acclimated as soon as the weather permits, if you know what I mean... I'll take my camera =D

Somehow I can't help but go back and read that again. "Looked like Wisconsin but instead it's the Netherlands". That's like saying, I was going to get a Fiat but instead got a Bugatti. Finishing your Masters (in?), moving to the Netherlands to a boyfriend with a paid for home, and having time to do fly tying and fishing.

You go Girl. wub.png biggrin.png

My master's is in education.

I'm in The Netherlands.

However Heerlen is a long ways from where I live. From Heerlen you have great access within 1.5 hours drive to some of the best fishing destinations in Germany (the Eifel area) with tons of great fishing.