Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
PJ2

deepest apologies to the swap community

I don't know where to start so here it goes.

I'm Portlyjoe. I now have a new name on the forum PJ2 because I've had quite the past month. My laptop was stolen, accounts hacked, and on top of it I broke bones in both hands at work all within three days. I am presently typing with a pencil. I am involved in a number of swaps that the due dates have past. The Clouser swap and a The classic streamers swap. I apologize to both swapmiesters and also to the members of those swaps. I haven't finished either of those swaps. I will be getting the casts off in another a couple of weeks and will send my flies to each of the members as soon as I can tie again. I did send an Email out to the Administration because I couldn't get back onto the site, and also to let them know about the situation. I don't know if the guys and/or the swapmiester was notified. So I created a new account.

If you are a member of those swaps, I would appreciate a pm with your address so I may send the flies promised and no one is left out.

Again I apologize to the entire site.

Portlyjoe Aka PJ2

I see and understand you had some problems. Unless you can get them in by the due date Im working with what I get. I check on people with my swaps and decided not to this time. Everyone knows the due date and Im working with it. Let me know if you can.

Kevin

Sorry to hear about the rough times. I will assume you will not make the deadline for my swap then and find a replacement if possible. Thanks for letting us know.

Good to see you back, Joe.

Wow! What a run of bad luck. I hope there's no permanent damage to your hands.

If it weren't for bad luck... Sorry to here this. Theft is something that really fries me since we work for what we have and someone else thinks it's okay to just take it.

Anyway, after you get things back together I'd be more than willing to let you into a swap if you're able to keep the dates. $hit happens to all of us and sometimes, like you're case, it can't be avoided. Hope your healing goes well and life gets better in the near future.

Good to hear from you.

I assume you never got to finish the ties for the crab swap either... all good mate.

Don't worry about it....Crap happens and I hope all is well now. Thanks for letting everyone know. Just a friendly heads up on the purchase of your future laptop make sure you encrypt it that way if it is ever lost or stolen your data is safe.

Guys Thank you for being understanding. Although its been a tough year, (One Achilles tendon, and now my hands) I am still grateful that I'm still vertical. the accident to my hands was freakish. I had both hands in a commercial dishwasher and the door fell. Machine is fine. I will be back in action soon. Please, if the members of the swaps send me their addresses i will fulfill my obligations to each group.