Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Matt7082

Swapmeister

Who do I talk to about becoming a swapmeister? I've gone through all the the "sticky" threads with notes an rules from the Admins, but it seems that none of them have logged on over a year. Thanks!

Steve is on all the time ... but the "rules" threads don't need constant updating.

I am not up on the swaps rules ... but I believe you just need an idea and the time. Post your swap on this forum and see who participates.

Since you only have a few posts to your name, you'll probably need to let possible swappers know a little bit about yourself.

Good luck.

50 posts plus participate in one swap and I think you are good to go. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Once those requirements are met pm steeldrifter and you should be all set. Hope you enjoy it.

You need to participate in 3 swaps and then pm an Admin your info. Then you are good to go for SM.

Matt, like Kudu and Mikechell said it would be a good idea to be a little more active on here in order to host a swap, we've had too many people just do a minimum and then host and disappear with a load of flies, never to be heard from again, not saying that is your intention. It has happened before, and may happen again and some are a little leary of getting into a swap with someone that hasn't participated in the forums much, myself included, just my personal choice is all. Give it time and develop a few relationships by being in the swaps and discussions so people become familiar with you, it will also help in filling up your swap with people that you're familiar with. Also a little information about you on your page would help, like location or just more than the minimum. MTCW.

Blane

I do not see anything in the swap rules about 50 posts. Someone care to link the thread?

Hmm I could have swore I saw a 50 post minimum before but maybe I'm wrong. I think the post minimum is kind of an unwritten rule based on establishing credibility. With that being said I have participated in a couple of swaps where swapmeister had never been in a swap before and everyone got their flies back in time and it ran smooth and I have only been on this site for 2-4 yrs or so and the only swap that I can think of where the guy ran off with everyone's flies was the Carp swap and that guy had been on this site for several yrs. so I would say that it was an isolated incident.

Good thing there's not a 50 post rule anymore. I don't think I have that many yet.

3 completed swaps is a necessity tho.

Damn...the hardest part is getting in on a swap before it's full. That's the reason I want to start my own. I've only been able to get in on one swap so far since January. But thanks for the replies. Somebody, feel free to open a new swap and invite me :) I will also work on being more active on the forum. Thanks again!

Damn...the hardest part is getting in on a swap before it's full. That's the reason I want to start my own. I've only been able to get in on one swap so far since January. But thanks for the replies. Somebody, feel free to open a new swap and invite me smile.png I will also work on being more active on the forum. Thanks again!

I have heard this on more than one occasion and the answer is really pretty simple. You need to check in on the site at least once a day, more times is better. When you see one, hop in, even if you think you might not be as good a tyer as the other participants. If you do that, you will have no trouble getting in. Most swaps take more than a day to fill up. I do notice though, that there seem to be many fewer swaps started up than there were 3-4 years ago.