Fly Tying

Actually I fish the freestones and tribs to the big lakes mostly. I have fished those snobby trout in the driftless (fun, but dam selective they are), but give me a small ferocious Native Brookie way up north any day of the week! LOL! Skykomish works pretty good on our lake run here, as does that goofy Purple Prince in the winter. I told my boys about those Coasters that run out of lake superior, and I am pretty certain I have them convinced we need to do that! That's a beautiful area up there!!!!!!!!

Welcome Horseshoes, Bruce and Rogue Flies. We are half way to a swap. Really good to see another Rogue River guy on the Forum.

Heck yeah, gotta love southern oregon! You from around there?

Welcome Horseshoes, Bruce and Rogue Flies. We are half way to a swap. Really good to see another Rogue River guy on the Forum.

Grew up in Grants Pass. I come back every October to drift the Rogue with one of my nephews.

Grew up in Grants Pass. I come back every October to drift the Rogue with one of my nephews.

Nice!! I'm hoping to get in some drift boat action this year with my pastor. Being a broke college kid sucks haha someday I'll have a nice drift boat

I'm in. Looks like a good group and only half of our river burned up over the summer so there is still some fishing to be had.

OK, I'll bite. The temptation is just too big (hmmm... sounds kinda like a fish reaching for a bug). Pattern TBD ASAP

Well, I had a baker's dozen tied so I'd have one of each for my box. When you talked about ten I put a couple more in my boxes. Now I've pulled them back out, stuck them on toe tags, bagged them up and they'll go out Monday.

Ok they are in the mail. The wings are to the end of the tail, the pattern is to have them to the end of the body. I like mine long because my rivers are a bit fast and they handle better at that length. You can cut them to your desired length. These are fishing flies right? Hope you like them.