Fly Tying
tyler94

High Country Swap

Tyler94, I think I am going to go with the Martis Midge. I have never tied one until this evening but I think they will work fairly well. There's a lake that I fish occasionally and I think these might be worth having around. The lake is only about 4000 or so feet above sea level and don't really compare to the Sierras altitude but there's midges there and it looks like a good fly to have.

Tyler94, I think I am going to go with the Martis Midge. I have never tied one until this evening but I think they will work fairly well. There's a lake that I fish occasionally and I think these might be worth having around. The lake is only about 4000 or so feet above sea level and don't really compare to the Sierras altitude but there's midges there and it looks like a good fly to have.

That sounds really interesting. I'm sure it'll work great in the Sierras, midges are always a good choice.

If you'll have me I'll do a parachute Adams with Cree hackle. Is a 16 a good size or should it be smaller. Wasn't going to do this one since I have enough going right now but been waiting for some of the newer guys to fill spots. If we get filled and someone wants in they can always have my spot, unless I've got the flies all finished and packaged.

I will be tying a big callibeatis cripple, and as a bonus a tiny snow cone chironomid to hang off the bend.

If you'll have me I'll do a parachute Adams with Cree hackle. Is a 16 a good size or should it be smaller. Wasn't going to do this one since I have enough going right now but been waiting for some of the newer guys to fill spots. If we get filled and someone wants in they can always have my spot, unless I've got the flies all finished and packaged.

You're in. We still have 6 more spots to fill even after you joined, so there is plenty of space. Thanks

I'm in. First swap ever. I'm going with my griffin's gnat variant.

Edited to add - long time lurker, never post. Check out my instagram at jackson__jk if I need validation. Thanks

I'm in with a small green foam hopper. I don't live near the High Country, but whenever I've visited that's been my go to fly.