Fly Tying
nick2011

do it yourself prism 3D eyes

I wasnt sure if many people have tried this but, i have been making my own 3D prism eyes for pretty cheap. all you need is a hole punch,prism tape from the lure building section, ccg, and a sharpie for the eye pupils.

first hole punch the tape then draw on some fish pupils, dab on the ccg cure it and your ready to use you own made 3D prism eyes.. way cheaper then buying 10 or so per pack all the time.

Cool idea! That ought to become real popular with lots of tyers.

I just use the pre-cut adhesive prism tape eyes, three bucks for a hundred. I put a drop of Loon Knot Sense and have 3D eyes. This way I'm not messing around with die cutters (hole punchers) and a Sharpie, saves a few steps at little cost.

I just use the pre-cut adhesive prism tape eyes, three bucks for a hundred. I put a drop of Loon Knot Sense and have 3D eyes. This way I'm not messing around with die cutters (hole punchers) and a Sharpie, saves a few steps at little cost.

i also have done that, thats acually were i got the idea for these. i ran out of them and had to use what i had now in hooked.lol

Ok this is a DIY thread on eyes but I will put this out there. I tie a awful lot of Panfish jigs this is where I get my eyes http://stores.ebay.com/Lifefly-Outdoors yes there from China it may take awhile to get them but for the price, amount and variety of color & sizes it is worth the wait..

My last order was In January $9.00(free shipping) 1400 eyes got them in 2 weeks .. I have just now use a half of a sheet of them still have 3 1/2 sheets to go !!!

Steve-stabgnid