Fly Tying
flytire

The Regal Fly Tying Vise Through The Years

That's pretty darn cool. I went with the renzetti crowd but I recall at the fly shows in th 80's and 90's the large number of legendary tyers using the regals including production guys that had to pay for them.

flytire that was a nice narrative about the history of the regal vise thank you

Retro.

Sweet video - thanks so much! I bought a Regal vise for myself when I started tying early this year and enjoy it a lot!

Very interesting video indeed since I am Regal Vise fellow myself. I hope to get a Revolution Vise one day when I save up some pennies!!!

Wasn't aware that only the first 500 Revolutions were stamped as #180 sits on the tying desk. It's 3 groove jaws have been replaced with 2 groove saltwater jaws. Really liked that 3 groove model for different hook sizing. As for the Medallion pedestal base, it's had 2 new sets of jaws over the past 25+ years which now has a brand new Regal Engineering Gold "Coin" on top of the jaws body. Doubt it's what was original back in the 1980's as it seems it was a black plug or just a smooth jaw body, but 3 sets of jaw replacements due to chipping over all the years seems minor.