Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
antonio999us

100% Homemade Balsa wooden plug - Attila Sparkling fat Minnow

Hello FTB Anglers

I was continuing working with my project of 100% Homemade Balsa wooden lures, and trying to improve my work. This is my third video of this amazing project and I want to share it with you.

This time, I used the body wood without adding details to the plug's head, and then I coated it with epoxy before adding the Aluminum and Hologram foils.

Even though I am not an expert painting with the airbrush, I tried to do my best, and I am very happy with the results. I wnjoyed a lot working these plugs.

Particularly, in this video, I am going to show you how I did with the Attila Sparkling Fat Minnow “Blue Violet Back”. I hope you like it, and I will wait for your questions and comments.

Thank you for watching and please leave your comments, suggestions and critics in my channel.

Here is the link to the video, you nmay do your own plugs following the ideas..... have a safe fishing, regards, Antonio

Link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYs8w8mSSrc

Here you have a picture of three of my 100% Homemade Attila Sparkling Fat Minnow:

12194903_972786806126236_734371115509147

They're pretty, and you're doing a really neat job ... but you can't call them "100%" if your using holographic foils and tapes to get the look.

90% might be more accurate at this stage.

That's not meant as a detractor, just an observation. Well done on the build, so far.

100% flytire approved and truly lives up to the definition of 'homemade'

and a whole lot more than other folks could even accomplish

Nope, not kidding. While I appreciate the skill of shaping the balsa and making the lures, the finish is a big part of the attractiveness. Right?

So, calling tape and decals "100% homemade" is somewhat of an insult to people who can paint a lure like this.

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

When Antonio gets to this level in his painting, THEN his lures will be 100%.

For sure, Antonio is already about 99% better than I am. I am NOT demeaning his abilities ... just his claim of completely homemade.

Nope, not kidding. While I appreciate the skill of shaping the balsa and making the lures, the finish is a big part of the attractiveness. Right?

So, calling tape and decals "100% homemade" is somewhat of an insult to people who can paint a lure like this.

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

When Antonio gets to this level in his painting, THEN his lures will be 100%.

For sure, Antonio is already about 99% better than I am. I am NOT demeaning his abilities ... just his claim of completely homemade.

Who forged those hooks? Talk about a dying art. They look as good as store bought.

Are you guys all working for the government? You only read the parts you want to complain about.

Hooks are "hardware" attached to the lure.

Paint is a chemical concoction few people have the capability of producing.

What really surprises me is that NO ONE has said anything about these lures obviously NOT being flies. If I'd have stated that, I'd probably be getting all kinds of "hoorahs" !!!

I didn't say that, because I am not a fly fishing "patriot". I LIKE the lures. I APPRECIATE the skill. But, okay, you all win.

GREAT LURES, ANTONIO. THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN THE WORLD THAT'S BETTER. 'Nuff said. No more from me on this thread.

Hey Antonio, thank you for another great post. I look for your work on the internet as an inspiration for my hardbody fly work. Cool, and cheers, Ed

Very nice homemade lures!

Never have seen an air brush in action, it sure lays paint on clean & smooth.

Your show & tell gives us good ideas for making balsa poppers.

'Tis a labour of love you've got going there, thanks for posting.