Fly Tying

Picked up Jburge's flies at lunch today. A really nice little caddis pattern. Thanks for the extras.

I am waiting on two sets that should be here by early next week. Both have contacted to let me know about the delay, so I will get them out as soon as I can.

Got Breambuster's flies today. No idea why the skill builder was returned other than I put the stamps on the bottom of the address.

When Fishhead's get here I will get them in the mail.

Thanks, Bob. Good to know mine got there. That's the only thing that I could see, that the stamps were in the wrong place. But the lady at the post office kept on saying that it didn't matter as long as they were on the same side of the envelope as the address. But she did say that it may have been a new carrier or someone in training who turned it around. The odd thing was that the zip code was scratched out, but it was the correct zip code. The only reason I could see for scratching it out may have been because it was being returned to me & so it was my zip code that mattered at that point. I guess we will never know.

BB

Hi everyone,

I just want to apologize to everyone for holding this swap up. I had to move all of a sudden out of the blue and was not prepared for it and that held me up and it caused my cash flow to disappear at the same time. I ended up having to use a few different kinds of flies I tied up for the upcoming season so they are not all the same but mostly the same because I could not find where I packed them all and I have boxes in a few different places, I have friends holding onto my stuff till I find a permanent place to live and then I did throw in an extra fly for everyone and a couple for the swap master and I did send the best flies I have tied recently. I feel really bad about it and I will not join any more swaps unless I know I can make the date well ahead of time in the future, although I had no idea this was going to happen but also had I just did them ahead of time this wouldn't have happened. I am so sorry everyone, I promise this will never happen again. I hope the extra flies at least make up a little bit for making everyone wait. I know it's exciting to get a bunch of new flies in the mail and having to wait extra time sucks so feel free to beat me and dunk me in the river if we ever cross paths, I deserve it. I hope I didn't disturb anyone's plans to fish these flies on a day they were planning to try them out. I really do feel awful about this but please know I had no idea I was going to have to pack up and leave the place I was staying at the way that went down and I'm only in a temporary residence right now and my dog is in a kennel that I am volunteering my time at as to offset the kennel fees and that way I get to spend time with him and he gets to see me almost everyday. I just want everyone to know that it's a really a bad situation that came up on me fast and all of a sudden without warning so everyone doesn't think that I just didn't care about this, because this means a lot to me to be able to participate in something so great. So very sorry, it will never happen again, please don't be upset with me. I hope everyone isn't to mad or upset with me being so late with this swap and know I feel terrible about it.

Dan

Hi everyone,

...so feel free to beat me and dunk me in the river if we ever cross paths...

Dan

Okay, baptismal services are every third Sunday, daybreak at the river followed by coffee and donuts and sharing of swap flies.

Dan, hang in there. Many of us have had periods that disrupted our lives and thought were going to ruin us forever but somehow we struggle through and come out the other end ready for the next thing life throws at us. Good luck and hang in there. Procrastination for a swap deserves whippings and floggings but situations beyond our control we can handle since most of us have way too many flies anyway...but it is fun to get that new set and paw through them.

Nick

Dan, What Swapmeisters hate, is not knowing what is happening with a swapper. You kept me in the loop, so don't worry about it. Life is what happens between your plans. Opening Day here is still over two weeks away, so the flies will be back in the mail in plenty of time.

We really have no opening day in the Carolinas.

Oregon and California have trout stream opening day the last Saturday in April. Many other bodies of water are open year round, but the reg book is full of exceptions. Some streams are closed to fishing period, some have small open days periods, so you have to be sure of where you are wetting a line.

Mountain Trout waters in NC open year round. You can keep fish year round.

Hatchery Supported are closed the month of March or February.

Delayed Harvest are open to fly fishing year round. Bait fishing from first of June to end of September. Poachers may fish all year.

Back in New York it is April 1st. It is a big deal to go out. Roscoe, NY is Trout Town. The Beaverkill and Willowemoc join there. Might be the two most famous streams going back to the birth of fly fishing in America. The river is jammed and it is a party with dignitaries, etc. Look at Catskill Fly Fishing Center FaceBook or website.

So you and the ole rattler went for lunch. Sigh!

We thought about sending you a "care package" lunch, but weren't quite sure what it's condition would be once it arrived. Bob had the steak, I had the chicken.

Hi everyone,

I just want to apologize to everyone for holding this swap up.

Dan, don't sweat it. Like Bob said, not knowing what's happening with a swapper is what's frustrating. Life happens, and there are seasons for everything. You obviously care. I don't think anybody can fault you. Hang in there.

Has he sent them? If so he should have a tracking # and make sure they're on their way. For me, never a problem but if someone is cranked up to get them for the stream it might be different.