Fly Tying
pica

Mother Day Drifting Caddis Swap

Bob, I really like Mr Ishiyama's patterns glad you are tying up one. Thank you

Flytire I PM'd you

Bob, I really like Mr Ishiyama's patterns glad you are tying up one. Thank you

Flytire I PM'd you

Because of my last name, I always give him credit. It is a great pattern, but I don't want people to think it is mine.

Thanks Flytire! I'll let you know when they get here. 2 Weeks-ish to go guys I have two sets so far and 1 on the way. My vacation to SC will begin 1 week after this swaps end date so I will be sending them back to you folks no later than the 15th of May. I would love to send a complete set of flies for this my first time hosting a swap. PLEASE get these flies out in a timely manner. Thanks again folks I'm looking forward to seeing some great flies.

Mine are in the mail.

Thank you! I will let you know when they arrive.

Two sets of flies arrived yesterday Thank you flytire and jollyred. Bob and JM I'll let you know when the mail man gets them to me thanks
Michael

A nice set of flies arrived from J.M. today thank you sir!

Just over ONE WEEK left to get flies in on time folks. I am not going to extend deadlines on this one; we have a trip planned so if they are over 7 days late your flies will be returned to you after I return from the south. Thanks again to all that have gotten them done. I sent messages to everyone except add147 who has disabled messaging or has a full mail box?

My wife and I went out to the lower Madison today and caddis were everywhere!

A truly innovative set of fly tying/ engineering masterpieces arrived from Vicrider today! And a second set of october caddis emergers to use when the batteries go dead. Thank you sir!

Kind of funny on those battery operated ones Pica. The basic fly is just thread body and hackle trimmed on top and bottom is supposed to imitate caddis swimming for the rocks where they crawl out. I did a few that way and wasn't happy with them. Tried doubling hackle and still just didn't seem like what I wanted. Since I had a full run of them I decided to see if I couldn't make them usable someway and did the foam body. To be closer to the swimming caddis of Europe a guy could snip the side of the foam off and primarily have the hackles sticking out. Supposed to work. The other fly you're right about. It's my attempt at the Gary LaFontaine pupa bodied emerger shaking it's shuck. Weighted and without the tail it's his caddis nymph and you can find articles saying a color mix of his pupas will produce anywhere in the world there are caddis.

Nick

Mine will be going in the mail tomorrow morning. I tied just a regular Caddis but I found some unusual material at Hobby Lobby that was 60 cents a roll in the clearance section in an Avocado Green color called Jute. From what I read up in it is a fiberous plant that is used make twine but to me it looks like burlap. Yes I now it a natural material and it will probably rot over a period of time getting wet but it makes a cool looking body I think. They should be up the in your neck of the wood by next Monday I would say. Thanks for hosting this swap!!!