Fly Tying
troutguy

June is Cahill swap time

Was that you with a bunch of guys in orange jumpsuits picking up along the highway the other day?

Was that you with a bunch of guys in orange jumpsuits picking up along the highway the other day?

Is that one of those "adopt a highway" crowds wearing hunter's orange? I saw one the other day all in light blue. They were all advertising some kind of proof readers association? A correction facility?

Monday I requalified. Working with a family on an intervention Tuesday and Wednesday. Had a training on heroin in Raleigh today and tomorrow I drive from Charlotte to Charleston to Asheville back to Charlotte. Crazy week.

Jay Wirth nice flies and thank you for the gadgette! Very cool

DUBS thank you for the extras.

Nice flies both.

Mike, in OK they still use the low security prisoners for a lot of road cleanup and other work.

When I worked for MN/DOT in Minnesota I had a friend who was a foreman on a road crew. One of his regular jobs was take a bunch of low security prisoners to go in clean out the "NESTS" of transients living under the bridges up in the concrete holes in the end abutments. They would start the morning going from bridge to bridge and giving warning that anybody or anything still there in half an hour or so would go. Then they'd start the route over and the cons would go up and throw the mattresses and blankets and anything else not cleaned out by then into a dump and haul it off. Lots of screaming and threats but when they made the second sweep they took a squad with them. This was done about every two weeks through the summer and they'd just keep coming back.

I have friends who've ridden hundreds of thousands on motorcycles and claim they've never seen hoboes under bridges like you hear about. They try their best to make themselves invisible to the public and when I rode along on one of his bridge cleanup projects I was amazed at how many were up there, even though I had seen them before once in awhile.

Well I just put mine in the mail they have been done for awhile and I forgot about them till I opened the box up to see what was in it .. Glad I found them now and not later on so they are on there way !!

Steve-stabgnid

Oh it is so tough down south to tell if the orange jumpsuit gang are prisoners or Tennessee fans.

Vicrider I have seen those "nests" down here as well.

Mike I used to work for a large hospital system. My addictions counselors ordered business cards. The delivered every counselor a 500 count box of cards (and billed my budget for them more than the price anyone else would charge) that said ADDITIONS COUNSELOR. I had a hard time getting a budget refund because Mike Chell, "The cards were not misspelled".

Where is the Correction Officer when they are needed?

So, did your "Addictions Counselors" become math tutors until their cards ran out ???

rolleyes.gif

Jacktjl in the midst of the nonsense here your flies did arrive. Thank you for the extras.

Got all caught up and then forgot to post... flies have flown. They're on their way.

Mine will be in the mail Monday. Kind of lost track of time sorry I am pushing due date.