Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

6'6" 3wt 3pc fiberglass

glass1_zpstneyxb8q.jpg

glass2_zps1wihdvda.jpg

glass3_zpsl7oaj4vc.jpg

glass4_zpslpnn01qc.jpg

glass5_zpsciegxprw.jpg

The glass revolution continues. Just off the bench this morning is this 6'6" 3wt 3pc fiberglass rod with subtle custom grip &seat, agate stripper guide, light weight sf running guides and black wraps with metallic sage green trim.

I do like the color of that blank. Nicely built, Steve, but I like contrast too much, I guess.

I'd prefer to see the wraps in some brighter color to offset the forest green of the rod.

A little beauty this one is !

That made me think of Steve Irwin biggrin.png

Hopefully your rod lives a longer healthy life !

I like it a lot. I like green rods but would prefer it in 5 wt and with a plain cork. I like glass and have a couple. But I have way too many rods I'll never fish.

Based on several great recommendations on the Ontario Fly Fishing Forums, I just pulled the trigger at Amazon on an - Eagle Claw Featherlight 3/4 Line Weight Fly Rod, 2 Piece, Yellow, 6-Feet 6-Inch

Cost $39.39 canadian (+ tax) and free shipping.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your Eagle Claw rod, but just wondering what that has to do with this post/rod??

It's a fiberglass rod...keeping to the original. A tip-over cheap fiberglass rod, but not a terrible fiberglass rod. I've had a few myself. Heavy, skinny handle, and as I said, tip over. But it will get a fellow fishing.