Fly Tying
flytire

tiemco adjustable magnetic bobbin

I can change out and suck in a new thread in seconds. Plus I have 6 bobbins loaded with thread. At that that price and the pain it looks like to change thread. Not for me. I like what SILKHDH said.. My bobbin has a boi-feedback auto tension system. When I feel it's to loose , I squeeze harder on the bobbin with my palm.

Not for me, pricewise or gadget wise, good old S&M's for me.

Enjoy your S&M. :P

Though, from what I hear, that can get pretty darn expensive too. ;)

If someone gave it to me as a gift I don't think I would mind.

I bought the TMC magnetic bobbin and I love it! It takes a day to get used to the adjusting on it, but once you get it down it takes less than 30 seconds to change out a spool. I'm kind of a tool geek though so to each their own.

I have 0 interest in a bobbin costing much over $10 US and when it hits $12 it's iffy, in fact unlikely I would buy it. $8.95 is a good price to me..

I can't recommend this bobbin, to many parts and the thread tension is very hard to get right when the adjustment is very small from too much to nothing at all, and because of that the resistance will change when using it, I backorder mine after trying it once.

I got mine a few weeks ago; no problems, love it! Once you get used to the nuances, it's a dream... changing threads less than 10 seconds, etc. You just have to learn where to place your palm so it doesn't automatically tighten/loosen on you...

I can't recommend this bobbin, to many parts and the thread tension[/size] is very hard to get right when the adjustment is very small from too much to nothing at all, and because of that the resistance will change when using it, I backorder mine after trying it once.

Welcome to the forum, do not worry about language, post pictures of fish and flies, and HAveFun learning stuff here..

Well a while back at a show here I saw two on the Funky Fly Tying stand. After having a play with one I put my hand in my pocket. They solve one problem that ho other adjustable tension bobbin holder does. Now I recognise that this is not an important issue for many, it is for me. I don't have to reset the tension when I change spools, so long as it is the same kind of spool that is going back on. I tied with it for a few hours and saw Toby owner of Funky passing. I offered the same price for the second one, and he delivered it minutes later, with no carriage charge!

One has a spool of black UTC70 on it permanently, when empty I simply pull the old one off and pop a new one on. It is the thread I use most, so that bobbin gets a lot of use.The other gets used for various threads. Mostly UTC 140 for spinning deer hair. With the UTC spools it is necessary to remove the thread holder for the bobbin to spin well, but with that done it does.

To get the set up right watch the video on the Tiemco web site. Once set up correctly they work as they should.

Now the bad news. TMC have put the price up drastically. I am informed by Toby that the wholesale price has gone up by 50%. It was a sacrifice to get the two I did. I do not regret it, but I will not be paying 50% more. If it wasn't for the price hike I would get more.

Cheers,

C.