Fly Tying
Kudu

Keys Swap

I guess my reading is getting as bad as my memory but I couldn't find a drop dead date. I just finished 24 flies for different swaps and am now ready to get on these but would like a date just in case.

In the famous words of Rosanna Dana, "Never mind". Read it again and saw the July 1st this time.

Got mine mailed out today. Forgot to take a photo so no sneak previews.

Got one set done. Had exactly 7 sets of bead chain eyes so first one I tied I did upside down. 6 sets left and pressure was one. Got all 6 decent enough to hopefully fool a fish with a brain the size of a pea. First set is for bonefish, or so the recipe says. Going to take one from the tarpon list and see how that comes out. Then no more salty swaps for me unless I want to order more hooks. Had a bunch of salty hooks but using up the last of them on this swap.

Edit to add that the second set was even more pressure. Had exactly 6 hooks in size needed and pressure was on to either keep them all passable or to have to do a lot of razor. Actually took my time and got them all what I HOPE is acceptable on first pass. Big thing is will they be acceptable to a tarpon for those who have a chance to throw flies at them.

Since others said what they were sending I have done a Hot Butt Rubber Legs for bonefish and Tarpon Cockroach.

Kudu....Same address?

Salty your flies arrived. Look like catchers. Everyone, please put your flies in some sort of container. Altoid tin, plastic box, etc. Salty had some troops that tried to escape either that or a rat in the postal office got a ahold of his envelope.

Oh brother, that's not good. Hope they all were still there and intact.

How is everyone coming along. My shark flies are tied. Most I've ever spent on fly hooks. 8 hooks were 21 bucks. If the flies suck save the hook! Anyway, when the rest come in I'll get an immediate turn around. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Should be starting mine on Monday .. I just got my order from JS Fly Fishing Saturday I have 6 more Bass flys to tie then on to these ..

Steve-stabgnid