Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Fall Erie Steelhead Swap

Exciting game last night stabgnid.

Yes it was !!! Been a Cub Fan all my life !!

Steve-stabgnid

Dropped in the mail today

Good deal Bruce. I shown my kids that I was famous with you video. I wasn't able to make it this past weekend with my friend. The report I got from him was very low and clear water. Few fish with many fishermen. I will got next time. I hope the conditions will be better.

Kevin

Come up early next week, I might take Monday or Tuesday off. I would have mailed mine today but I wrecked my car after work... I'm waiting at rental car place in Erie now

Haha I have the same problem Kevin, still need to do the windowsills in the 3 rooms in my house I've "finished" and get the hall light hooked backup to power redid put in a new panel and don't have appropriate power run for it yet.

Haha I have the same problem Kevin, still need to do the windowsills in the 3 rooms in my house I've "finished" and get the hall light hooked backup to power redid put in a new panel and don't have appropriate power run for it yet.

I'm a remodeling contractor so my house is the last one to get worked on.

Kevin

Dropped in the mail today

Good deal Bruce. I shown my kids that I was famous with you video. I wasn't able to make it this past weekend with my friend. The report I got from him was very low and clear water. Few fish with many fishermen. I will got next time. I hope the conditions will be better.

Kevin

Creeks are blown out now and more rain for the next 30 hours!

Come up early next week, I might take Monday or Tuesday off. I would have mailed mine today but I wrecked my car after work... I'm waiting at rental car place in Erie now

Hey, I'd like to make it. I'll drive though.

Sorry, JK. I would love to fish the streams up there again though. Most of my time in MI was on the Escanaba and Manistyque Rivers. Fished them back in the early days of the salmon runs during the time MI made the worst decision of their careers when they opened sections of the rivers to snagging. Fortunately we had several great years after that when it again was outlawed to all but the outlaws. Snaggers hated it when we'd catch kings, coho, steelhead and even lakers on some years when they'd most end up with scales embedded on their hooks. Living on the North Shore of Lake Superior about 80 miles north of Duluth I spent many many hours on the Baptism and streams north. Very seldom went south since much less crowded waters could be found going north, especially in the early days of the fall run fishing.

Almost hate to admit it but probably 90% of the fish we caught up there were simply by snelling an up eye hook and sticking a couple tufts of contrasting yarn under the snell. To this was often added one small salmon sized rubber egg plucked off a string of them all molded together.

Sorry everyone I will be getting my in the mail tomorrow. The past 2 mornings I have ran off and forgot them.

Srry Guys dropped the ball on this .. I forgot to mail them they have been done for awhile I just plain forgot about them so I put them in the mail today ..

Steve-stabgnid

Go Cubs !!

Srry Guys dropped the ball on this .. I forgot to mail them they have been done for awhile I just plain forgot about them so I put them in the mail today ..

Steve-stabgnid

Go Cubs !!

I got your flies but no return package.

Kevin