Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlatsRoamer

My Campaign for Becoming a Mod

Wow, looks like our new mods are going to be jumping into a lot of threads that Steve just let run their course. Nice to know everything we post is going to be scrutinized so carefully. FR, it was a good post and good joke that fit right into the announcement of new mods and I for one took it in the humor you meant. Guess that won't be the new norm. You'd get my vote now though.

Maybe we'll more of this...

lock_zpscbfc4a06.jpg

This just brought to mind a passage from one of my favourite Terry Pratchet books.

Moist von Lipwig has just been hung to within an inch of his life for his crimes. He comes around in the Patrician, Lord Vetenari's, office, where he is presented with the choice between becoming Postmaster or returning to the gallows. He agrees to become Postmaster. He is read a list of his responsibilities, to which he says "Stick a broom up my **** and I'll sweep the floor as well."

"Well if you insist." Says Vetenari, turning to his secretary "Drumknot, is there a cleaners cupboard on this floor?" Realizing that he he is being taken literally Moist says,

"No! Wait! It was just a joke." Vetenari replies,

"Ha I see... A joke... Do warn me if you feel it necessary to make another."

Cheers,

C.

Come on Vic it was a terrible post, ill timed and completely lacking of any humor followed by an immature backhanded outburst that was disproportionate to the comments made. It was quickly identified and a mild proportionate correction was made. Did this quell the issue? Nope, instead it was greeted with another immature backhanded comment. i thought restraint was shown by allowing the thread to breathe new life. Then, BAM! another punch to the gut.

Good job locking the thread and keep up the good work.

This just brought to mind a passage from one of my favourite Terry Pratchet books.

Moist von Lipwig has just been hung to within an inch of his life for his crimes. He comes around in the Patrician, Lord Vetenari's, office, where he is presented with the choice between becoming Postmaster or returning to the gallows. He agrees to become Postmaster. He is read a list of his responsibilities, to which he says "Stick a broom up my **** and I'll sweep the floor as well."

"Well if you insist." Says Vetenari, turning to his secretary "Drumknot, is there a cleaners cupboard on this floor?" Realizing that he he is being taken literally Moist says,

"No! Wait! It was just a joke." Vetenari replies,

"Ha I see... A joke... Do warn me if you feel it necessary to make another."

Cheers,

C.

You are cracking me up, homie, Carry On

It was meant as a joke but now there have been a few harsh words tossed around at people and we have no need for that. No harm done but lets end it before it gets to that point now.