Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

A nice surprise

TGfxeN.jpg

This is pretty cool. My fishing buddy stopped by for coffee today and handed me Gates Lodge/fly shops new fall 2016 catalog. The bottom picture in the catalog is actually a picture I took of my buddy Mark about 3 years ago on the Au Sable as the sun was setting after a day of fishing in the cold rain. Unbeknownst to me Mark entered the picture in a contest Gates was having and it was good enough to win honorable mention/2nd place which was good for a $100 gift certificate to Gates. Timing could not be better because I'm in need of some new breathable waders this spring 1f642.png(bottom pic in the photo is mine)

Congratulations, Steve.

Good picture. Nice cloud formation with the sun coming through, and your friend smack in the middle of the sun reflection on the water.

You would never know that it had been a cold and rainy day.

steve

that's how cool Steve is, wins competitions he doesn't even know he's entered.

Now the hard part, which pair of breathable waders do you risk? If you read around forums it feels like every pair leak after the years out.

I have thought about it before... There is a bunch of great characters in here, but he might just be the most interesting man in the board.

Oh I reckon there are a few who could wind a tail by a roarinf fire with a lovely scotch.

Just seems Steve is able to make 48hrs in every 24.