Fly Tying
breambuster

Guide's Choice Fly Swap With A Twist

Flat Rock Natve

Thank you for welcoming me to this site it appeaes to be a great group of folks. I have read the swap rules and will follow them.

Joeh

Flat Rock Natve

Thank you for welcoming me to this site it appeaes to be a great group of folks. I have read the swap rules and will follow them.

Joeh

Good deal, and I have always liked the Sulphurs, so looking forward to seeing your creations.

Joeh, you are MORE than welcome to join our little swap. The idea behind this whole Swap & Contest page is to give people of all skill levels the opportunity to participate in swaps and build your skills. And I'm really glad that someone is going to tie the Sulfur Middle Man since it's our own Emerger pattern and I believe it will be a real fish catcher. Thanks for joining and I look forward to seeing your work.

Take care

BB

We only have 2 spots left open. The Mini Max Parachute and the BDE. The Mini Max is a standard parachute pattern, first tied by Ed Berg. It's been written up in "American Angler" magazine. It has microfibbetts tail, fine dry-fly dubbing, white z-lon post and Light Dun hackle. Hook size is anything from #12 to #24. It isn't in the materials list, but the body looks like its ribbed with a gold-colored floss.

If anyone would like to join the swap but doesn't like either the Mini Max or the BDE, let me know and we can pick out a different pattern. The reward for joining is that you get all these other patterns. Who could pass up a deal like that?

Take Care

BB

BB, here's the deal. If no one steps in for the minimax parachute I wouldn't mind doing two. My nephew/godchild has started fly fishing with an outfit I sent for Christmas and I'd send him one of the sets I'd get. If someone come in that's fine since I'm in the process of tying him a full box of flies anyway. I would have to tie it from you description since I can't find anything on BDE or minimax. Google just brings up this thread when you put them in search or a bunch of other non related crap.

Nick

By the way, the CDC Sallies are done on size 20 curved nymph hooks, the smallest of that type I had. Bulging red egg sac, light cahill dry fly dubbing, two CDC feather tips, ginger variant hackle, then CDC butts trimmed similar to head on EHC. Hackle is then cut down on bottom of hook to get to surface film. They look pretty good to my eye.

I checked out the "In The Riffle" video on the BDE, seems well within my wheel house. I'd just need to order hooks. All my curved caddis style hooks are thicker wired. Count me in.

Hazathor, you're in with the BDE. The book says anything between a #12 & #22. My vote, between 16 or 18 would be for a #16. Let's see if any of the others chime. in . Thanks, so much, for signing up for this one. And I'm glad someone took the BDE.

Take care

BB

Vicrider, 2 great minds work together. I had already thought about offering the deal that someone could tie 2 sets and get 2 sets in return. I could send you the full description in the book if it comes to that. I was thinking, though, that there may be some guys who won't look at the forum until the work week begins. I posted the swap on Friday night and it's only been up for this weekend. Let's give in another couple of days and then if no one takes the mini max parachute, it's all yours. Hazathor has taken the BDE and so there's only one pattern left; the mini max.

Take care

BB

The smallest nymph hook I could find in my local fly tying shops is a size 18. (Thank God). Personally, I think the little red worms in our neck of the woods, would turn their noses at them being so small! LOL

Cheers, Ron...

Hooks are ordered. I leave for South Africa at the end of the week, so I'll get a sample tied up when I get back and take any suggestions.

NO suggestions, but if you run across an elephant's foot trash can ... bring it back for me !!!

It's a joke, people, settle down !

What's the mini max parachute, got a link to one? I might be willing to attempt it all I can find if I try Google is model rockets.

NO suggestions, but if you run across an elephant's foot trash can ... bring it back for me !!!

I have one but it is lined and base is made from uranium. Weighs more than the whole original elephant. Wait I ammconfused. Thisbisbthe tungsten thread, is it not.

It's a joke, people, settle down !